What we love about Slimming World

Hathor

It helps weight loss to have a positive attitude. So no matter how much weight you lost this week, what do you *love* about slimming world?

I absolutely love how I feel so much more healthy eating this way. If I follow the plan, I find myself naturally eating my 5 a days of fruit and veg and naturally limiting fats and sugars.

Best thing: gorgeous food and I'm never hungry!

I enjoy feeling slimmer already and people already telling me that they can tell I've lost weight. I like the idea that if it worked at first then its going to carry on working so I can reach my target.

I love the idea that it is a way of eating that can be stuck to for life because I'm eating normal healthy foods.

I feel comforted that I will get support if I hit any problems. Its great that I can use syns to eat cake if I want to, or chocolate, or pizza.

I'm glad I'm in control of my weight and my body. I'm glad that I will reach target (PMA here!)
:D
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I love that it never feels like a 'diet', that I've been doing it for 2.5 years and it is now my normal way of eating! I also love how adaptable it is and how easy it is. It just WORKS!!

The best thing is that Extra Easy is a healthy eating plan for life and not a diet at all so this gives me confidence that the weight will stay off.

This is the first 'diet' in my life that I have followed. Usually I follow bits and bobs but ultimately end up calorie counting and doing my own thing. EE teaches good habits and seems to train the brain for long term healthy eating.

Extra Easy does what it says on the tin. :)

I love that i can eat enough to satisfy me, on other eating plans i'm always soo hungry.

I love that fruit is unlimited so if i do get hungry i can have lots of fruit.

I love that i feel really great and healthy when sticking to plan and not sluggish and lethargic.

I love that i can basically eat anything i want, but just adjust it to being sw friendly.

The foods I ate before haven't changed it just a few minor tweaks e.g. frylight and extra lean mince. So I still get to enjoy all the hearty home cooked foods I like :)

I've just been ironing and was thinking about this. For me, I've only radically cut down on the amount of bread and choccy eaten and upped my fruit intake so far.

The foods I ate before haven't changed it just a few minor tweaks e.g. frylight and extra lean mince. So I still get to enjoy all the hearty home cooked foods I like :)

Ditto this! I always make SW friendly food and noone ever knows! I made homemade SW beef burgers to take to a BBQ the other weekend (extra lean mince, grated onion, seasoned salt, worcester, tbsp of ketchup) and my ones got eaten up - store bought ones didn't even get cooked!

Also took an SW luxury potato salad and cous cous salad which were heartily enjoyed!

We have a BBQ every weekend with out friends/neighbours (cheaper than a night out ... credit crunch and all that ;)), and I love that I can still enjoy it ... I've just replaced greasy burgers, pork chops, chicken drumsticks & sausages with home made SW burgers, loin pork steaks, chicken breasts & Tesco HL sausages :D and I've replaced the Blue Wkd with vodka & diet mixer, which I'm getting used to now after 3 weeks, still miss the blue stuff tho ;)

I also love that I can have full English breakfasts, even Mr Melvis enjoys the SW style brekkies, we have them at least 3 times a week (usually for dinner, not for brekkie lol).

I'm a very fussy eater so don't fill up on lots of fruit & veg as I barely like any :rolleyes: but I'm managing to get thru each day without feeling too hungry and without exceeding my daily syn allowance :D

xxx

I love the fact that you're not starving yourself and therefore don't really feel as if you're on a diet. I love the fact that if you really want something you can have it. I love the fact its teaching me a new way to eat without feeling guilty around food. I love the fact that my hair and skin seem to much healthier.

I love not having to tell people I'm on a diet or having to say 'Sorry I can't eat out/come out for drinks because my diet wont allow it'. I can adapt it to everyday life.

I love the food and that it's something everyone can enjoy. For example, my boyfriend enjoys the Kofta Curry recipe more than one from a takeaway.

I like the fact, that for the first time in years, "breaking the diet" did not mean a full on binge. I ate 1/2 pack of After Eights this morning. On other diets this would have resulted in me being off track for the rest of the day, eating mad things and feeling cr*p. But because I wasn't actually hungry, once my sugar craving was satisfied, and I don't feel like I have to punish myself (for example by not eating all day to make up the calories) I got straight back on track. So although I'm on 40 syns for the day, I know I can eat well for the rest of the day and make the syns up, if I want to, over the next few days. Or just call it flexible syns. Of course it will affect my weight loss, but not as much as a full on binge would have!

I also love the fact I'm not constantly trying to calculate stuff...if I do this much exercise, then I can eat this much food etc... I actually like exercise but hate being forced to do it. On SW you don't earn anything by exercising so I can do as much or as little as I like, and its not food driven. Which is such an amazing feeling.

i just love SW cos its easy to see how this if for life, and i dont have to count points or have stuff only less than 5% fat, or have a milkshake instead of a meal.

I think this also the most sociable diet....and on that note, i am off out to have a good night out and drinking vodka diet cokes! :) xxx

Maybe an easier question would be 'what DON'T you love about Slimming World?!' lol xx

Back