What will you be eating xmas day?

starkissedx

Gold Member
Thought it would be interesting to see if any of us are going to stay on plan on Xmas day and count pp? And if not what does your Xmas day food consist of? :)

This year I'm having Xmas at home, we (I live with parents, sister & boyfriend) will be starting with a smoked salmon, cream cheese bagels with poached egg and brioche with tasty jams optional too...yum yum, I may enjoy this with a glass of bubbly ;)

For lunch were having the traditional turkey: wrapped in bacon, with a mix of citrus butter under the skin, usually a ham, mashed potato, roasties (in goose fat, no fry light!!), sage and onion stuffing balls or cranberry stuffing balls, cocktail sausages, spiced red cabbage, carrots, parsnips, sprouts cooked in bacon lardons, gravy, apple sauce, cranberry sauce and then my min makes a Madeira version of the gravy which I avoid as I don't like...all rinsed down with bubbly or wine!!! Nom Nom

After this we rest our bellies till dessert. We have some options: this year either my homemade mince pies with some homemade vanilla custard, Xmas pudding with custard/brandy butter/ fresh cream, going to make some kind of cheesecake as my bf and sister dont like Xmas pudding or mince pies, and I'm making a chocolate trifle also. So usually a little slice of some of them (or all in my dads case ha)

Then we chill until evening when we go visit some more family an have a buffet thing. With sandwiches, cocktail sausages, mini sausage rolls, the usual buffet suspects with my grans sherry trifle!

Then home for cheeseboard and crackers, with some pate. And then my mum passes round the quality street and puts little bowls of Pringles, nuts etc for us to dive into.

So Xmas is a very food focused day for us ha...so I won't be attempting to pro point and will enjoy myself immensely with food and wine ;)

Share your Xmas day food plans :)

X

My day sounds very similar to yours, it is also a very food and drink focused day.

I also stay with my parents, we will have a fry-up for breakfast, and then the turkey/ ham works for dinner with wine, with nibbles in between.

We also visit family that night so thats beer and nibbles. I have been craving honey roasted cashew nuts for weeks so have bought a packet for Christmas night, I have already told my family I'm not sharing;) (I have just done a quick check there and for the 200g bag there are 32pps:eek:)

I will try and make some healthy choices though, little things like no skin of the turkey, plenty of veg on my dinner plate, I will use a smaller plate than everyone else as well. I have being doing this for a while and find it really helps with portion size.

I am 1/2ib away from losing 3 1/2 stone with ww and would love to go back to class in January and get my silver seven :p

Well my Xmas day will be starting a bit differently as I'm working 7am till 3pm!!! Gonna have fruit for breakfast as normal but one of the girls on my shift is making bacon and sausage sarnies for Christmas brunch so would be rude not to!!!

Then when I finish at 3pm I'll head straight to my parents and we'll eat about 4.30ish, we never do the whole turkey thing as we always have a HUGE buffet as there's about 12 of us dining!!!! And I can't flipping wait!!!!! Certainly won't be counting my points on the big day but one saving grace is that no alcohol will pass my lips as I'm back in work at 7am on Boxing Day and straight back on plan too!!!!!

Merry Christmas everyone :) Xxxxx

Oh loving this. I'll be eating:

BREAKFAST
Smoked salmon with scrambled egg

LUNCH
Homemade leek, pototo and bacon soup with
Homemade cheese and bacon wheat free bread mmmmmm

DINNER
Turkey with chrispy bacon on top,
roast ham,
roast potatoes (with oil, garlic and soya)
Mash potato with butter and milk
Cauliflower, white sauce and cheese
Brussel sprouts
Roast parsnip and carrot
Gravy

Dessert
None for me, usually to stuffed
Everyone else will be having sherry triffle and bakes alaska

OTHERS
Chocolate and wine through out the day

EVENING
Turkey sandbos with Balmore country relish mmmmmmmmmm
Cocktail sausages

ugh stuffed thinking about it. My quantities probably won't be what they were last year. hehe xx

Sticking to plan of course :)

Scrambed Egg
1 bacon
--------------------
Opp soup
Turkey
Ham
Cauli cheese
Carrots
Sprouts
A little gravy
------------------
Sugar free jelly
-------------------
Olives and cheese as nibbles
-------------------
Vodka and diet coke plus bucks fizz from weeklies

:):):)

The rest of the family are having super rich food but in all fairness i dont see the point in dieting all year then undoing all your good work.

You can't really undo all your good work in one day can you? That's some serious eating ha ha.

I will be having 1 poached egg with salmon on a toasted muffin for breakfast with a snowball or bucks fizz

Then we will have traditional dinner although I think this year mum has a beef Wellington I will have a tiny piece of everything and that is all I will have all day apart from a mince pie later in the day so I don't go crazy but I won't be pointing it all as I'm looking forward to enjoying the day an not thinking about it. Although I will still make healthier choices

Hope you all have a lovely day today is the day in my house when the chocolates start to get opened ha ha oh no!

No not one day but there is numerous days of gorging. Prevention is better than the cure.

Back