What would make the CD easier for you?

jabbathehut

This is the last time!!
I was just reading Airgirl's thread about missing a 'meal' due to delays etc and I had an awkward situation yesterday too where I was left shakeless and miles from home. It made me think about things that could make it easier, and all I could come up with was this.

The tetras are obviously aimed at people on the go, likewise the bars. But, I am not fond of the Tetras and I'm convinced the bars played a part in my STS this past week.

So.....what would be ideal for me is this....A 500ml bottle, with the powder already in it, sealed. When you need to use it, you open the lid (therefore breaking the seal and giving you your 15 minutes in which to consume it), you add water to a 'fill line', replace the lid, shake like hell and then consume. Once finished, the bottle can either be recycled or thrown away. It would mean a lot less hassle carting shakers and stuff around. I know I would certainly use something like this, even keeping it in the car or my bag for emergency use. The bars are all chocolate coated so would melt if left somewhere, and the tetra's would be grim (IMHO) unless they were icy cold.

So, what would make CD easier for you?

Fab idea Jan, and funnily enough they have this available in the States for their version of the cd diet...was looking at it this morning!! But realistically have you not invented your own convience shake there? Surely you can take your original sachet in your bag with an empty bottle, mark on your empty bottle a line where to stop pouring the water then when we need it just open bottle, pour in sachet, add water and to quote you, shake like hell, lol.

I may try this, i'm gonna call mine jabba juice ha ha.x

Couldn't you just open a packet of shake and tip it into some cold bottled water?? Or am I being thick? :patback:

Fab idea Jabba and like Airgirl said i think you have solved your own problem lol ;)

I would like a savoury bar, most of the sweet ones are too sweet for me, except for the peanut one (which makes me parp like a trooper lol :eek:). It wouldnt necessarily make the diet easier but would be a nice option to have when "on the go".

And yes you're right - drinking a tetra which isnt ice cold is like drinking lard lol

Well yeah, there is that I suppose. I am all for convenience tho lol!
I will confess here and now that by 4pm yesterday, having missed my lunchtime shake I had 7 of ds's chips. I'm not proud of it, but I was hungry, not a mental hunger, a true hunger, I could have eaten my arm by that point.
What I am proud of is the fact that I stopped at 7, and didn't go up and buy a whole portion for myself. As soon as I got home I had my shake, followed a few hours later by my last shake of the day.

Actually, cos all water bottles are so narrow at the top, how could you get the powder from the sachet into there without losing half of it (and therefore your nutrients) all over the place?

I would like some actual food, someone needs to design a meal we could have and therefore making family dinners etc easier.

In response to your original question i would like cd cocktails, yes with alcohol but i know my wish is impossible but it would make it easier for me.

As for the sachets i'm sure if you stiffen the packet and cut a neat line with a steady hand you wouldn't lose any....i'm just off to try it!!

Never thought of that! :D Can't waste any of that precious powder! So what we need is someone to invent a wide neck bottle of water. :party0027:

You could use a little funnel maybe?

Lol at your CD cocktails Airgirl - wishful thinking eh? I'd loooooove a CD G&T ;):D

Never thought of that! :D Can't waste any of that precious powder! So what we need is someone to invent a wide neck bottle of water. :party0027:

Like the old Pepsi 500ml bottles - they had wide necks didnt they?

yea - I think they did. It would be so easy when travelling to just buy a bottle of ice cold water and tip the shake in. :character00182:

It works...i just did it...and call me nuts but i put a dark napkin under the bottle so i could eaisly see how much i lost out of the sachet and hey presto...none got away!! btw it was a buxton bottle.x

Oasis bottles have a wide neck... though obviously we can't have the oasis :p

I once did this when I didn't have any tetras... I had to try and get all the powder into a tiny bottle and failed miserably, haha.

just been on ebay....typed in cambridge diet shaker and there is a battety operated whisk cup....gonna have me one !!!!!!!!!!

I had that whisk. I loved it but a lot hated it.

What would make CD easier for me? To be put into a coma for 3 months and tube fed the shakes and water xxx

I just had a look and think I'll get one too, just for the coffee aspect hehe.
Would be lovely to have a nice frothy coffee once in a while :)

Back