What would you class as a "Cheat"?

onefatmama

Hi,

Iv got my keto head on today and Im a incy wincy bit confused.

I know a full roast dinner with all the trimmings would be classed as a cheat, but would an extra large salad with a larger than recommended slice of chicken be called a cheat also?

Does (extra carbs=cheat) and (extra protein=No cheat)

Hope that makes a bit of sense:)

Thanks

ofm x

I would say anything that deviates from the plan you are on, carbs and protein, would be considered a cheat I'm afraid!

For me they both equal cheat, only one does less damage than the other.For me not cheating means sticking to the diet exactly 100%.I have to be strict with myself though as from experience I know that if I cheat just once and even if it's a tiny bite of something I will find it almost impossible to get back to it 100%. Will be interesting to see what others say.

I'm the same one tiny taste of something sets me off and I find it really hard to get back on track , I really need to stick to it 100%

Last edited:
I wouldnt have anything other than what is in your plan, in saying that I had a jelly baby today, my mouth actually felt alive!

Anything off plan is a cheat. One cheat ((more)protein and green veg) will just have less effect on your progress than the other (carbs).

Are you on SS+ or on SS? On SS+ you're allowed a green veg and protein meal.. are you talking about making those portions lager or are you talking about eating whilst on SS?

x

Anything off plan is a cheat. One cheat ((more)protein and green veg) will just have less effect on your progress than the other (carbs).

Are you on SS+ or on SS? On SS+ you're allowed a green veg and protein meal.. are you talking about making those portions lager or are you talking about eating whilst on SS?

x

Hi,

Im on ss+ somedays and ss others:)

OFM x

But then what do you class as a meal? As your only allowed so much grammes and two spoonfuls of salad on ss+.

My meal would be chicken breast for protein covered over a bed of salad with low fat dressnig (as we can use some low fat dressings if i am right?)
x

ooops......but you sound much like me sigh x

But then what do you class as a meal? As your only allowed so much grammes and two spoonfuls of salad on ss+.

My meal would be chicken breast for protein covered over a bed of salad with low fat dressnig (as we can use some low fat dressings if i am right?)
x

Same here:)

I thought a cheat would be something that would knock you out of keto, which in turn would muck up your losses. Extra protein would'nt do much to your weight loss would it? as long as a person is in keto, they're losing pounds, but there is a good chance I may be wrong mind:eek:

ofm x

well i asked virtually the same question in another thread, because I ate some prawns, and people said no I should be ok. Good luck to you OFM, but I will say I'm pretty sure ss or ss+ should be done week by week rather than day by day, if we're doing it properly that is! x

Id say anything other than shakes or water is cheating, even no water is cheating haha x

Yummy mummy, well done on fab loss love!!

OFM, fancy being my diet buddy? looks like we could do with extra encouragement to stay on straight and narrow (not that we don't get it anyways from our CD friends on here) x

What are the food lists in the book.... i dont have one (have to pay £10 for it and refuse to) and maybe i or we can come up with some recipes?

Cambridge is not only low carb, it's also low calorie. If you eat too much protein or veg (= adds calories!) your weightloss will also stall.. Hope that clears some things up..

I am following ss+ with the meal part at the moment, stops me from having a cheat! anything not on the plan your following to me is a cheat

And I have been there haha

One of the books my CDC gave me right at the beginning had meal ideas and recipes in it for the different stages, the yellow one I think...

fatty no more.....love your blog....don't forget to keep posting love!

Back