What would you do?

I'm wondering if you'd all give me your opinion on something.

Ok so a little background first...I last attended weigh in on 28th July before going camping for 10 days on the 30th. I knew that it would be impossible for me to keep to s/w as we had such limited facilities for keeping fresh food fresh and also limited cooking facilities, I missed one weigh in being away and I got home on Monday of this week but also took this Wednesday's weigh in off too because I fully expected to gain a little weight while away, and I wanted to give myself that extra week to lose what I'd gained before going back next Wednesday. Before the holiday I'd lost a total of 1st 13.5lb, I gained 3 - 3.5lb while away, I can cope with this but I'm finding it very hard to get back on the diet this week because a) Yesterday was my daughter's birthday and we went out for a meal and had birthday cake :sigh: b) today is my birthday and I am also going to a wedding, and quite honestly I want a drink to celebrate my birthday c) tomorrow is my wedding anniversary and I'll want to toast that also and maybe have a nice meal with my husband.

......so my question is with regard to the next weigh in on Wednesday, I am umming and arring about whether to actually book this one off as a holiday because I just know I'm not going to have lost what I gained. What would you do? Would you go to weigh in anyway or give yourself another week to catch up again. I don't want to be worrying about dieting this weekend. I'll be back to it 100% come Monday morning.

Hiya! Firstly, well done for managing to camp for 10 days, I couldnt do it! Secondly, happy birthday for you today and your daughters yesterday. My birthday was yesterday and my mums was on Thursday! Thirdly, I would still go to WI hun, if you know you have gained then hopefully it wont be that much of a shock and you already know what you need to do to get them lb's off hun :) xxxxx Hope you have al lovely birthday, enjoy it, it only comes round once a year xxxxx

I'd WI anyway. It's not all about losing and getting a pat on the back, it's about staying motivated when things are a little more difficult :)

Hey hun, happy birthday and happy anniversary in advance!

Enjoy your weekend, don't fret about the syns, but then just go to WI on Wed so you know what gain you have to work with. It'll help you better in the long run - you'll know what to expect in terms of a gain if you go away again. I went to London for 5 days unexpectedly a few months ago, I came back and got right on plan with under 5 syns a day for 2 days before WI - I STS. I went to London again for a planned weekend away, came back and did the same for 3 days - another STS. Now I feel like there is a pattern, I am in much more control.

Hope you have a lovely birthday and a lovely anniversary! Have lots of syns for me ;) xxx

Definitely go to WI. That way any gain is written off and you start afresh.

I gained 3 pound after a hen weekend recently and after going off plan, I found it hard to get back on but knowing I had a fresh start after WI, I was able ot refocus better. The result: the weight came straight back off the next week.

We all have off times, even the slimmest of peeps pig out every now and then, so its all part of this new life style.

Happy Birthday!
I would go to WI, that way you know exactly where you are according to their scales, and can start again from there.
Its difficult to deal with just one of those celebrations and stick to syns, so with all of them one after another, I wouldn't think anyone at your group would expect you to not put on, so I wouldn't be worried about that.
Enjoy the celebrations and just get weighed as normal so you know where you are!
Have a lovely time!

Happy birthday!

Like others have said, I'd also go to WI. To be honest, if I've had an iffy week and I feel like I don't want to go to class, that's when I know I need to go...stop myself from a possible snowball situation!

Celebrate your occassions, have what you want, just in moderation. Then just make your upcoming WI day your 'start afresh' day.

Thank you all :jelous:

Thanks for the good wishes and for the advice, I think you're right in reflection, if I know I'm not going to WI then I'm more likely to keep straying off track. I knew I'd get a sensible response from you all, thanks agan xx

Happy birthday! I agree, go to your next WI and start afresh from there. Missing another WI is not a good idea as you might decide not to go back - or be too scared about how much you've put on. Hang in there and have a good celebration!

I'd deffinately go to group hun, it's not just there for when we lose it's there to support us through our gains and maintains too.

It's my birthday today too and I'm going out with hubby to the pictures and then for a meal - seeing as this is the first time in 3 years (6 kids means we don't get out much :sigh:) I'm deffinately going to enjoy myself and eat a good meal and probably a desert too - tomorrow is another day and if I gain it will be gone by thursday

enjoy hun but don't avoid group cause you are worried you gained, it defeats the purpose x

Hiya

Again I totally agree with whats been said, after WI its a fresh start and your more likely to stick to it. And to be honest I think you should enjoy your birthday and anniversary. Just have what you want and don't feel guilty about it otherwise it takes away from the enjoyment. Tell yourself its your days off..... you are allowed them..... its what keeps you going the rest of the time knowing that you can enjoy birthdays and treats!!

Happy birthday :birthday: and anniversary
:candledinner:
, enjoy it guilt free then get back on plan.Good luck hun xx

Great decision to go to class babe, you know we all have to live our lives and there will be times even when we all get to goal that we will indulge more than we should but the difference has to be that we will be able to take stock, accept and recover it just like a thin person - that is how we will win this. A great point was made above by Christiana, the times you don't want to go to class are exactly the times when you NEED to go. Hugs xx

Happy birthday. Definately go to WI. I am going on Holiday on Monday for 2 weeks AI. I land at 7.30am on a tuesday morning and i am going back to WI that Tuesday night. i fully expect a HUGE gain, but if i don't go, i will have another week off plan.

Happy birthday. I agree, go to WI, it may not be as bad as you expect. Hope you enjoyed birthday/anniversary, they only happen once a year :0). Good luck x

Back