What would you pick from this menu?

Caz

Repeat Offender
I'm away for a few days at the beginning of April, which involves lots of meals out unfortunately! For one of them though we've got the menu now and have to say what we want. So I'm trying to work out what would be the best options. I won't bother with the fancy Italian names! What do you guys think?

Starters
Selection of Italian salami, parma ham and delicacies
Marinated grilled aubergines, courgetters and peppers filled with buffalo mozzarella and basil
Prawns served with Marie Rose sauce
Home made vegetable soup

Mains
Sirloin steak flamed in brandy served with peppercorn, red wine and cream sauce
Breast of chicken pan friend with fresh mushrooms, white wine, herbs and cream
Salmon steak marinated in dill and lemon juice, served on asparagus spears
^all served with fresh veg and potato
Macaroni with broccoli, asparagus, zucchini (courgette?), basil, cream and a little tomato sauce

Desserts
Profiteroles
Tiramisu
Assorted ice cream

I'm thinking all the desserts are a no no! Starter, the soup maybe? If they don't add in cream like they do everything else! And main I was thinking maybe the salmon? Unless I went for the chicken but let them know in advance that I don't want any cream?

I would choose for starters the prawns in marie rose sauce- but ask to have them without the sauce (alot of people don't like marie rose sauce so doubt they'll have a problem with it unless its pre-mixed and prawns are so low in cals!) then the salmon for the main and maybe just ask for one scoop of ice cream?

Although in an ideal world i'd much rather have the steak and profiterols! lol. i'm hungry now!

I'd have the veggie soup starter it's bound to be the lowest calorie wise... The steak im assuming will have the least creamy sauce as it's usually just a drizzle and I think I'd have Ice cream... Or because it's a one off you could jus eat drink and be merry whoops ;)

But I don't want just plain prawns, that's boring and a bit nasty lol

There's 4 days of meals out so can't go too mad with it! Maybe one scoop of ice cream though :)

Prawns but sauce on the side so you can have a non disgracefully large portion of it looooool. think full fat is quite high but two tablespoons plus prawns an salad should be under 250.

Salmon is a no brainer really ;) Step away from the spuds tho!!

Then treat yourself to a couple of scoops of ice cream. Two scoops of the naughtiest carte d'or have to offer is still under 160 so it shouldn't be too bad if you refuse any syrups etc.

Just had to put in my 'order' of what I'd like, gone for the soup and the salmon. Was tempted by the steak for a moment but I don't like brandy and I do like salmon so seemed a winner there anyway. Thanks for the advice everyone :)

Back