what wud u do?

Curvygirl87

Silver Member
its my mums birthday tonight and i am goin to her house with the girls and havin a girlie night, mums preparing some nibbles and i want to go and enjoy the night so question is do i take this as my treat for the week and keep syns to a minimum of say 5 until weigh in on wednesday or treat is as a flexi night night and carry on as normal tommorrow with 15 syns a day?

I really don't know what to suggest as i don't want you to have a gain or stay the same because of it, but i don't want you to not enjoy it either. In my opinion and my opinion only i would flexi it as its your mums birthday and only once a year this diet is about lifestyle not depravation but that is only me ;)

Can you not take something with you? Perhaps make up a few nibbles that are sw friendly to "help out"?x

I personally would do neither option. I agree with riddell, I'd take along some SW friendly 'nibbles', and try to stick with my 15 Syns for that day. That way you're helping your mum with the catering, but also not sabotaging your weight loss this week.

A few Syn free ideas of what you could take along are:
- Homemade homous and vegetable crudités
- Ham rolled up with pease pudding in the middle
- Homemade pasta salad
- Savoury rice
- SW quiche
- Salad

Here are some Low-Syn ideas:
- Breadsticks (could eat with homous/other dips, 1 Syn each)
- Pizzas made from tortilla wraps (weight watchers are only 5 syns each) cut up into slices.

Etc. etc. etc.
I'm sure if you do a search of the recipes thread you'll find loads more ideas too!

It depends, would you mind if you STS or got a small gain? if it was me I would flexi it.

I cant as im goin straight from work, I don’t want to deprive myself either, I always have a treat once a week anyway so I think il do that but just not sure whether to flexi syn it or reduce syns for rest of week :/

I personally would do neither option. I agree with riddell, I'd take along some SW friendly 'nibbles', and try to stick with my 15 Syns for that day. That way you're helping your mum with the catering, but also not sabotaging your weight loss this week.

A few Syn free ideas of what you could take along are:
- Homemade homous and vegetable crudités
- Ham rolled up with pease pudding in the middle
- Homemade pasta salad
- Savoury rice
- SW quiche
- Salad

Here are some Low-Syn ideas:
- Breadsticks (could eat with homous/other dips, 1 Syn each)
- Pizzas made from tortilla wraps (weight watchers are only 5 syns each) cut up into slices.

Etc. etc. etc.
I'm sure if you do a search of the recipes thread you'll find loads more ideas too!

im goin straight from work chic :/ so cant rustle anythn up xx

im goin straight from work chic :/ so cant rustle anythn up xx

Oh, not too sure then. I'd probably just try and stick to my 15 Syns, and if I went over I'd cut back the rest of the week. But it's entirely up to you. If you find flexi-synning works better for you, then do it that way. I guess it depends how much you want a loss this week, and if you'd be happy with a maintain or a small gain.

U no what I am goin to nip out at lunch time and pick up a few syn free things and make them at mums, I no il feel so much better for it, I may have a few of the nibbles that mum makes but of course il syn them :D

This is exactly what flexi syns are for. Work out how many you will need, include drinks if you plan on it and keep counting until you reach your limit. Be on plan until you go, and get back on plan straight after. As said you may sts or a small gain, but its one weigh in out of a year. One night! When you get to target its unrealistic to say well I will never drink wine again, I won't ever get a takeaway curry again etc etc but let's face it, that's boring as hell! If you don't allow yourself flexibility once in a while (as long as its not a daily thing!) You (and by you I mean people in general!) will never stick with it. Flexi syn it and have a great time! Xx

Last edited:
I cant as im goin straight from work, I don’t want to deprive myself either, I always have a treat once a week anyway so I think il do that but just not sure whether to flexi syn it or reduce syns for rest of week :/

My solution would be to aim to stick within syns, but depending whats on offer...decide to flexi when i'm there, if, looking at what was on offer, i feel i could stick within syns (i don't like reducing my syns unless i have too) i'd do that, but if i physically feel i couldn't I would just flexi it.

Could your mum not prepare some suitable nibbles for you? Ie some suitable crisps, some low fat items that have syns but are low on syns. I really don't agree with flexi syns as I think its too easy to get in a habit of doing.

Personally I would choose as carefully as possible, eat before you go so you are not as tempted buy the nibbles and then cut back on your syns all week. If you can't keep to 5 syns then maybe allow your self 8syns - which personally I feel is super easy to stick to :)

Well I no what we r now havin for tea, so iv tallied it up and my syns come to 42.5 iv deducted these from weekly syns and iv still more then enuf left to do me until tues as my new batch starts on weigh in day on Wednesday ;) this way I'm still 100% on track :) xxx

Back