What yogurt for cooking?

lucylupin

Just tried making a chicken bhuna from the feasts for a fiver cook book. I took it out of the oven and it looks discusting! The yogurt had seperated and gone all watery, it is not edible, so bang goes dinner:cry:
Can anyone recomend a yogurt that i can cook with?

I use low fat nat yoghurt, a good tip is to use it at room temp and not straight out the fridge .

sorry it went wrong :(

I use low fat nat yoghurt, a good tip is to use it at room temp and not straight out the fridge .

sorry it went wrong :(

Any particular make?

Just supermarket own brand nothing fancy :D I have used all of the main supermarkets brand it hasn't made a difference.

Yogurt and heat don't really go together that well. And if it is a low-fat yogurt then there are no fat molecules to hold the whole thing together.

I would normally take something off the heat and stir in the yogurt right at the end.

Yogurt and heat don't really go together that well. And if it is a low-fat yogurt then there are no fat molecules to hold the whole thing together.

I would normally take something off the heat and stir in the yogurt right at the end.

Same here, I take the curry off the heat, let it cool for 5 mins and then stir in the yogurt. It never separates that way.

Back