Whats do u snack on?

Snackajack jumbo ricecakes (50/60 cals each), Alpen Summer fruits bars, Special K choc chip bars- these are 'treat' snacks, I also have things like crispbreads with cottage cheese & tomato, small baked potato, sandwich/toast using ww bread. I'll try & think of some more...

I snack on flumps, Marshmellows, Special K chocolate ones and the caramel wafer weight watchers bars. Thats about it

Ryvita and Crispbread (or sometimes half a bagel) with a bit of cream cheese on them :D

I'll usually go for Snack A Jacks salt and vinegar mini rice and corn things when I'm out and about.

A bowl of soup is often quite filling for few calories too... often around 140, depending on what type of soup it is.

One thing I absolutely love is fried beansprouts on their own. I get a big pack from Morrison's which is enough for 2 bowls at 40 calories each.

Homemade Carrot and Coriander soup. Hardly any calories, and lovely for winter nights :)

when i snack i usually snack on bad things, maybe i should stock up on these ideas, to keep me on track. ie kids at work had a cake sale today for for 'childre in need' so i had to buy a choc chip muffin, they made me, altho they didnt make me eat it! usally at break i just have a tea at break...

Muller light fat free yogurt. It's only like 57kcal for a big pot of it.

got some of those yoghurts today, so that can be my back from work pre dinner snack. also u can buy a nuts and berry mix at tescos, very nice, should be good for u, high in the good fats u need.

^Whenever I speak to someone about snacking, they suggest nuts. Sadly, I'm allergic. :( It's lame, as I actually really like nuts.

hi rolauren, ive just read your details at the side under your name, and all i can say is Wow! 58lbs from 4.9.08? thats amazing? have you lost all that by calorie counting alone?

xx

hi rolauren, ive just read your details at the side under your name, and all i can say is Wow! 58lbs from 4.9.08? thats amazing? have you lost all that by calorie counting alone?

xx

Thanks, Dani. yes, the stats are correct. I've been eating 1000-1500 kcals a day, and exercising more. The only reason I've lost a lot is because I have so much to lose! I know it'll slow down as I get lighter, and I'm prepared for it.

The next couple of months are going to be tough - a wedding abroad, then Christmas, and then a big family celebration. Eek!

I snack on Walkers lights crisps, muller yoghurts, fruit or sometimes i'll have a tuna and salad sandwich with a dash of hellmans light mayo or a bowl of weetabix to fill me up a bit more if i think i'm heading for a major binge! It can really save my diet from destruction!

I don't vary my 'diet' snacks from my 'normal' snacks, if this makes sense, as changing the food you eat SHOULD be for life (lifestyle change)....I like nuts (just a handful...this would be 15 almonds and similar portion sizes for all other nuts) and nut, seed and fruit mixes...I also use protein shakes to supplement my food (one scoop or half the usual meal sized shake therefore), I use water in my shakes not milk and when I so use milk I only use full milk (also use cream on and off diet)...protein bars (small ones for snacking)...cottage cheese and celery...celery and peanut butter, or even just a dessertspoonful of peanut butter on its own YUMMY! Muller light yoghurts are nice, but I reckon they are more like 100 cals per yoghurt radicore, not 57....if you are into calorie counting...a banana or any piece of fruit or a smallish fruit salad...careful with fruit as it can send your blood sugar soaring just as badly as chocolate or sweet things!

I don't vary my 'diet' snacks from my 'normal' snacks, if this makes sense, as changing the food you eat SHOULD be for life (lifestyle change)....I like nuts (just a handful...this would be 15 almonds and similar portion sizes for all other nuts) and nut, seed and fruit mixes...I also use protein shakes to supplement my food (one scoop or half the usual meal sized shake therefore), I use water in my shakes not milk and when I so use milk I only use full milk (also use cream on and off diet)...protein bars (small ones for snacking)...cottage cheese and celery...celery and peanut butter, or even just a dessertspoonful of peanut butter on its own YUMMY! Muller light yoghurts are nice, but I reckon they are more like 100 cals per yoghurt radicore, not 57....if you are into calorie counting...a banana or any piece of fruit or a smallish fruit salad...careful with fruit as it can send your blood sugar soaring just as badly as chocolate or sweet things!
Well unless the pot is lying to me, it's 57. xD

My snacks haven't varied that much. I always used to eat a load of yogurt regardless, and I eat energy bars which I used to eat anyway (except now I eat one instead of 5 :rolleyes:). I eat a lot of fruit as well, which I've always done, and I know it contains quite a bit of sugar, but it's better than binging on sweets.

I don't ever plan to go back to eating rubbish foods. If I have a sleep over with my friends or go out somewhere to eat, I'll make an exception, but I don't want the food that got me where I am now to be part of my diet anymore. I don't need chocolate, sweets, cakes, or anything like that. The only chocolate I eat now is dark, because I can't manage more than a few squares of it.

That's strange because the Muller Lights I have are all around 100 calories per pot (the 200g ones)Are you meaning the smaller posts? I'm perplexed (no not really as calories aren't my thing anyways but...)

Phew, you had me worried that I was really going nuts then, about the yoghurt (I am, nuts that is, but what's new?)...ah yeah I've not seen the smaller posts about much except for cafes and things so always go for the larger ones...

Back