What's everyone's FAVOURITE SW recipe?

sophie33

Hi, I started SW nearly a week ago now and I'm trying to find some exciting recipes to try. So what are your favourites? Mine is the Jamaican chicken recipe that is on the SW website :):):)

If you go to the SW Recipes link above, there's a sticky thread called "what is your number 1 favourite recipe" or similar - plenty of ideas there!

I like the SW quiche myself, always have some in the fridge.

The chicken tikka masala is soon yum!

The leek and macaroni cheese bake from the last-but-one mag is fast becoming a favourite -absolutely yum. I also still make regularly the Lentil Wedges recipe (I got this from the website years ago - don't know if it is still on there).

I've not seen this one, would you mind sharing if you still have it?

I've just checked the website and the recipe does not appear to be online anymore, but this is the version I use (if I remember rightly the original just had herbs, not chilli and garlic, and used plain water instead of veg stock).

227g red lentils (rinsed)
450 ml veg stock
1 onion, chopped
1 red chilli, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
120g cheddar, grated
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp mixed herbs
Frylight

Simmer the lentils in the veg stock until all the water has gone and you are left with a thick mush (stir frequently, and stir hard towards the end of cooking to help the lentils break down). Fry the onion, chilli and garlic in Frylight until soft (you might need to add a splash of water). Mix all the ingredients together well, then scrape into a baking dish (I think the original recipe said a sandwich tin, but I use a pyrex oblong dish). If you line the dish with baking parchment it is a lot easier to get the finished product out!

This can be served warm but I much prefer it cold. A quarter of the whole thing is a Hex A.

The ham, leak and pea pasta from the family feasts on a budget cookbook. It's so tasty, proper comfort food, I used to make a really naughty version of this with cream, masses of parmesan, and streaky bacon but this is actually nicer because its much lighter.

The ham, leak and pea pasta from the family feasts on a budget cookbook. It's so tasty, proper comfort food, I used to make a really naughty version of this with cream, masses of parmesan, and streaky bacon but this is actually nicer because its much lighter.

This is one of my favourites too. easy and delicious

My other fave is a bit more faff but so worth it. Its the Thai Green Chicken Curry from Taste of Asia book - its delicious. Also the Chow Mein from that book

I've just checked the website and the recipe does not appear to be online anymore, but this is the version I use (if I remember rightly the original just had herbs, not chilli and garlic, and used plain water instead of veg stock).

227g red lentils (rinsed)
450 ml veg stock
1 onion, chopped
1 red chilli, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
120g cheddar, grated
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp mixed herbs
Frylight

Simmer the lentils in the veg stock until all the water has gone and you are left with a thick mush (stir frequently, and stir hard towards the end of cooking to help the lentils break down). Fry the onion, chilli and garlic in Frylight until soft (you might need to add a splash of water). Mix all the ingredients together well, then scrape into a baking dish (I think the original recipe said a sandwich tin, but I use a pyrex oblong dish). If you line the dish with baking parchment it is a lot easier to get the finished product out!

This can be served warm but I much prefer it cold. A quarter of the whole thing is a Hex A.

Thank you.

The chow mein in fakeaway book is very, very nice. The salmon curry in a hurry (sw site) is lovely and something I cook at least once a week.

I made this last night and it was absolutely amazing!! Would have never put leeks with pasta but it goes so well!! Can't wait to make it again.

Back