whats for lunch

I had two Quorn 'lamb' grills, with a mahoosive pile of rocket and watercress salad, followed by an apple and a nectarine. Nommy!

Was out so just bought a pack of turkey breast! Gonna have homemade chicken & tomato rigatoni now :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

A big plate of root vegetable bubble & squeak type thing (potato, turnip, carrots, onion, cauliflower - maybe garden peas?) served with baked beans

Cheesy scrambled egg on toast topped with ummmm..more cheese (half fat and in allowance) and Tom sauce!! Yum!

Homemade leek and potato soup with some sw chips (peeled one too many potatoes!)

Attachments

• image-1626893447.jpg
    image-1626893447.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 63
Ham & Cheese (laughing cow) toastie with cherry tomatoes followed by an apple (Red day).

Salmon Fishcakes................

Pete’s Salmon Fishcakes

Serves 4
Ingredients
400g potatoes/ 2 large potatoes
140g fresh salmon/ 2 salmon fillets
1 handful of parsley
1 lemon

Method

Peel and cut the potatoes and boil them in salted water in a large saucepan, after 10mins put a bamboo steamer or a colander, on top of the saucepan, with the salmon in it, seasoned with salt & pepper, if using a colander cover with cooking foil to allow the salmon to steam. Cook for a further 10 mins.

When the potatoes and the salmon are cooked then remove the salmon, flake it and remove the skin, and place in a grass dish, drain the potatoes and then return to the pan, mash and allow to cool.

Add the potatoes, lemon rind & juice, parsley and salt & pepper, scup up in your hand a portion of the mix and form into a fishcake, adjusting them to a size that suits you.

Place into a fridge to allow them to stiffen.

Spray a frying pan with Fry Light and cook until browned, turn over and repeat.

Have with Couscous & Salad

Attachments

• Salmon Fishcakes-1 (Large).JPG
    Salmon Fishcakes-1 (Large).JPG
    176.8 KB · Views: 63
  • Salmon Fishcakes-2 (Large).JPG
    Salmon Fishcakes-2 (Large).JPG
    185.9 KB · Views: 55
Making a throw together vegetable soup to use everything up thats going slightly manky - today will be: roasted peppers, red onions, tinned tomatoes & cauliflower - may add some cayenne pepper as everything tastes nicer with a bit of spice!

Really hope it taste better than it sounds lol

I've just had a quorn bolognese with onions, carrots and mushrooms in with tagliatelle and 28g cheddar as a HEX.:eat:

Bit bloated now though!

First weigh in tomorrow - fingers crossed!

Befanwi said:
Homemade leek and potato soup with some sw chips (peeled one too many potatoes!)

This looks delicious-is the recipe on here already? X

I_dream_slim said:
This looks delicious-is the recipe on here already? X

Just kind of threw the soup together. It was one onion sweated off in frylight with two big leeks then 2 or 3 big potatoes cubed all cooked in stock (I used about 3 cubes and a litre of water..) then just season and whizz.. Start to finish took 20 mins (cube the potatoes small so they cook quickly) it's also nice chunky but my boyfriend prefers it smooth so he can pretend it's not veg ;) x

i am having a chicken and vegetable egg frittata.( with onions.peppers,mushrooms,peas,sweetcorn,carrotts)

served with a salad

basically it was leftovers from yesterdays tea bunged together with eggs looks yummy.

Last edited:
Red onion and mushroom omelette! With ketchup I imagine!!!

Mixed salad (iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber - all from my darling dad's garden!), with a tin of mixed bean salad. Nipping to Asda and meeting my OH during my lunch break so may pick up some cooked meat to go with it :)

left over homemade chow mein ... YUM!!!

Back