whats for lunch

4 sausages and a jacket spud with gravy.....i think i am wishing it was creamy mash and gravy.....and full fat sausage bangers!!! but hey....on the wagon!!

x

Lunch today was a miserable chicken sandwich as I was rushing this morning, but lunch tomorrow is whatever people bring in so who knows! I've been on cake duty and I'm hoping the others might bring something a bit less fattening in!

lunch tomorrow will be a big bowl of something approximating "super speed soup".. ( 2 tins toms, 1 tin some sort of white bean.. think they were canelini?, 1 tin new potatoes, 1 tin baby carrots, 2 parsnips, 1 large leek, 1 large onion, couple large culiflower florets, handfull frozen cabbage, 1 green pepper, salt and garlic powder to taste and 2 beef stock cubes.. )....

... which reminds me, I must go and turn the slow cooker off, it's been cooking for 8 hours on high....

ColJack said:
lunch tomorrow will be a big bowl of something approximating "super speed soup".. ( 2 tins toms, 1 tin some sort of white bean.. think they were canelini?, 1 tin new potatoes, 1 tin baby carrots, 2 parsnips, 1 large leek, 1 large onion, couple large culiflower florets, handfull frozen cabbage, 1 green pepper, salt and garlic powder to taste and 2 beef stock cubes.. )....

... which reminds me, I must go and turn the slow cooker off, it's been cooking for 8 hours on high....

I make alot of soups like this, they really do work. Lentils are good in it too :)

It's my first day back on plan today and I'm excited yay!
So I'm still using Xmas leftovers and making a big batch of broccoli and Stilton soup. Works out as about 1/4 of hexa for the milk and 3.5 syns for the Stilton

Sounds like we all have same idea- Soup-tastic! I have made a big batch of syn free and very thick, leek and potato soup. Is super yum. Back on wagon today. Weigh in, in a couple of hours. Eeeek x

I made a huge pot of soup today too. Will have that with some ryvitas, or salad, or something.

Lunch today is leftover chicken chasseur from last night (3syns) with a baked sweet potato (using 1/4 tsp oil for 0.5 syn) Yum :p

It's the first time I've had a sweet potato baked like that (had them roasted before) and I really enjoyed it very much :)

Last edited:
Another soup here! I made a batch of slow-cooked ginger and sweet potato soup yesterday. Nice and warming and very filling but I put a few too many fennel seeds in so it's a bit sickly as well. Oops.

For lunch today I had cucumber, raw carrot, baby corn, beetroot and tuna and mayo. No microwave at work now as some idiot broke it :(

Just got 2 jacket spuds in the oven. Thinking baked beans with a bit of cheese. Or maybe tuna and cottage cheese..... Hmmmmmmm. I have 20 mins or so to mull over my choices.

Today I had a simple salad as not much in to add to it...
Salad veggies - mixed leaves, cherry toms, cucumber, red pepper, spring onion topped with hard boiled egg and a tblsp of extra light mayo - not Hellmans but the Tesco discount brand one...

Back