whats for lunch

Garlic and herb chicken breast (no skin), a mixed salad and muller light yoghurt. So jealous of those of you with microwaves at work!

What recipe do you use for your Tomato soup?

Hi Jules,

My recipe is from the SW Best-Ever recipe book.
I fry onion, celery, garlic and carrot for a few minutes until onion is soft, then add a tin of chopped tomatoes and about a litre of veg stock and herbs. Simmer for about 20 mins, season, blitz, then stir in some fromage frais - YUM :)

Hrm, I shall be having packet pasta with tuna and a whole load of salad!

Im not sure what I am having yet, Im going to a cafe with my friend, which makes Slimming World Friendly meals, so should be interesting!

Ainsley Harriet spice sensation cous cous (6.5 syns) with added salad of cucumber, red pepper, celery and beetroot with 2 home made spicy turkey burgers (4 syns – not sure on exact amount but that’s what I’m allowing for breadcrumbs I’ve used in them)

for lunch today I have either homemade out of magazine tomato soup or homemade out of my head french onion soup - not sure which!

Helen xxx

Ainsley Harriet spice sensation cous cous (6.5 syns) with added salad of cucumber, red pepper, celery and beetroot with 2 home made spicy turkey burgers (4 syns – not sure on exact amount but that’s what I’m allowing for breadcrumbs I’ve used in them)

I didn't think the ainsley harriot cous cous packets were that high in syns :(

I didn't think the ainsley harriot cous cous packets were that high in syns :(
I didnt either, but I did a search on here last night when doing my planning and the spice sensation was 6.5, all the other flavours were 7. That is on a red day anyway :) otherwise I think they were only about 0.5 syns or something like that.

Ahhh that would be why, I don't really do red days so was unaware of the syn value. Phew! x

Just finished eating it and my goodness! Well worth the 6.5 syns in my opinion! I really enjoyed my lunch today for the first time in a while! Although I'm glad I added salady bits to it (cucumber, celery, red pepper) as it would have been a bit rich and stodgy otherwise. And the spicy turkey burgers were even nicer cold!

Homemade butternut squash & apple soup, made in my new slow cooker.......free on extra easy & green
Unfortunately if you have cooked the apple in with the soup you will need to syn it.
I'm not sure on syn values though, sorry.
But all cooked fruit is synned :)

Yikes!!! Thanks Elb, I wasn't aware of that, it shows I still have a huge amount to learn about SW! Have worked out its 3 Syns per portion....as lovely as the soup is Im not sure I want to have that many Syns for a bloomin soup! I could have it as a HexB, but on an EE day today so cant. Do you know why fruit is Syned if its cooked? Is it to do with how the natural sugars are released???

Yikes!!! Thanks Elb, I wasn't aware of that, it shows I still have a huge amount to learn about SW! Have worked out its 3 Syns per portion....as lovely as the soup is Im not sure I want to have that many Syns for a bloomin soup! I could have it as a HexB, but on an EE day today so cant. Do you know why fruit is Syned if its cooked? Is it to do with how the natural sugars are released???
Something like that yes, I'm not sure really! I don't really like cooked fruit so I've never thought to look into it. But I think its something to do with how the sugar breaks down/its easier to digest... something like that! haha

I'm sure someone will be along any minute to correct me!

I've just had a wholemeal pitta with some left over roast pork, lettuce, cucumber and a little bit of light salad cream (2 syns), some seafood sticks, muller light and an apple.

Thanks Elb & Allie...make sense, but the likelihood of sitting down & eating 10 apples would be unlikely, as the bowels couldn't cope with that LOL!!!

I've just had a jacket potato with 2 extra light laughing moo moo trianges with baked beans and marmite with a bowl of salad. i feel a bit icky now ... perhaps it was the marmite ....
I need to work these syns out better cos I love that cous cous!!!

I've just had a jacket potato with 2 extra light laughing moo moo trianges with baked beans and marmite with a bowl of salad. i feel a bit icky now ... perhaps it was the marmite ....
I need to work these syns out better cos I love that cous cous!!!
Why did you have marmite with it?! Or at least what did you do with the marmite? spread it on the potato or mix with beans or something?
I'm not a fan personally,:sign0137: but I know the saying, you either love it or hate it, is very true!

Back