whats for lunch

Jacket potato topped with mushy peas, with 2 x slices of ham and a large salad.

Really looking forward to my lunch today - Pasta mixed with salad veggies (spring onions, a whole red pepper, cherry toms), some chopped boiled egg, a chopped Tesco HL sausage and a tbsp Extra light mayo. Delish for just 2 syns!

Not sure what's for lunch today! I've bought in the last of the leftover meatballs and sauce with a little bit of pasta, but at work we've sort of discussed going out for lunch today, so will have to wait and see!

well im on a red day and am munching my way through a small roasted chicken that i cooked last night with some cherry toms and a little mustard mmmmm:D

I just made a nice big fat cheese burger (extra lean minced beef, with onion & garlic granuals, cayan pepper & italian herbs - with a babybel light in the middle), which I had with salad, delish :)

Debridger said:
I love poached eggs on toast, breakfast, lunch, snack - whenever :) and have always poached instead of fried, even before hearing about SW, that just have so much more flavour

I love them too, but I am really rubbish at making them and they always go wrong!

Finally just had lunch as been busy all
Morning. Had sw chips, beans, bacon and poached eggs mmmmmmmmmmmm
Having a clementine and an apple now. X

I love them too, but I am really rubbish at making them and they always go wrong!

Why do they always go wrong?

I use my middle sized saucepan (one up from milk pan) boil kettle as its quicker, fill it about 3/4 full, splash in some vinegar (not as much as you'd put milk in tea) bring it to the boil, take off the heat to break your eggs in (crack them quite wide and pour in one go but slowly) put them back on the heat still and high and give them about 2 mins depending on how you like them

I make sure the water is very gently simmering (hardly bubbling), pour a little vinegar in, swirl the water around making a little vortex and very gently crack the eggs in (or you can crack the eggs into a cup/ramekin first and just tip them in to make it more gentle), don't let the water boil too rapidly X

Why do they always go wrong?

I use my middle sized saucepan (one up from milk pan) boil kettle as its quicker, fill it about 3/4 full, splash in some vinegar (not as much as you'd put milk in tea) bring it to the boil, take off the heat to break your eggs in (crack them quite wide and pour in one go but slowly) put them back on the heat still and high and give them about 2 mins depending on how you like them

I do mine in an omlette pan, also boiling water, vinegar, lower heat, crack eggs, as if you were doing them fried traditionally, simmer and splash the water as you would fat when frying, use about half a pan of water, they come out looking like fried eggs

Gettingthinnerbytheday said:
I just made a nice big fat cheese burger (extra lean minced beef, with onion & garlic granuals, cayan pepper & italian herbs - with a babybel light in the middle), which I had with salad, delish :)

Oh my god... I am veggie and even I am drooling at that. I told me boyfriend and he is sat there going "oh my god... Oh my GOD!"
He said he's going to make them next time we have a BBQ. Maybe I could try out a veggie version using mushroom burger mix??!? Hmm, the possibilities!

Back