whats for lunch

I've just made up a Bacon, Leek and Sweet Potato quiche, it is currently cooking away in the oven, so will have a portion of that for lunch with a lovely mixed salad.

I can smell it cooking away, smells divine!!

I've just made up a Bacon, Leek and Sweet Potato quiche, it is currently cooking away in the oven, so will have a portion of that for lunch with a lovely mixed salad.

I can smell it cooking away, smells divine!!

Me too!! mine is ham, tomato, mushrooms, peppers and onions, first time using quark so hope its okay

I was going to take into work today quorn fajitatatata strips thingys with lettuce, cucumber, red onion and ELF mayo..but that didnt happen..i was being lazy tbh and couldnt be bothered to cut up stuff this morning *slaps wrist*

So instead i had 2 slices of brown nimble, quorn chicken sandwich stuff, strawbugs, grapes, alpen light and a muller. Nowt exciting really!

Lettuce wraps - my new addiction. I just mix up whatever I have in the fridge in the way of veggies, meats, low fat cheese, low fat mayo and wrap it all up in an iceberg lettuce leaf. As it's only the cheese and mayo that are sinned I can have 4 at lunch and feel like I've eaten 4 sandwiches - loads.

Have been doing this for ages when hubby and I have taco's - he has the shells I have the lettuce leaf - but never thought about doing it for other things.
LOVE IT

Lettuce wraps - my new addiction. I just mix up whatever I have in the fridge in the way of veggies, meats, low fat cheese, low fat mayo and wrap it all up in an iceberg lettuce leaf. As it's only the cheese and mayo that are sinned I can have 4 at lunch and feel like I've eaten 4 sandwiches - loads.

Have been doing this for ages when hubby and I have taco's - he has the shells I have the lettuce leaf - but never thought about doing it for other things.
LOVE IT

mmm sounds nice, bit like stuffed vine leaves...might try that tomorrow

Thanks for the idea, i just looked at some images yummm

Im making bolognaise tomorrow, was going to have stuffed marrow but ill lettuce tacos instead! wooo :D

Attachments

• turkey-tacos1.jpg
    turkey-tacos1.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 125
The lettuce is lovely in taco's as the meat is spicy and hot and the lettuce cool and refreshing. Hubby has even been swapping some of his taco's for lettuce.

Here's tomorrow's lunch x 4
lettucewrap.jpg

Last edited:
Tomorrow's lunch is lemon chicken and rice broth with salad, and lots of fruit.

Can't wait to get paid, i'm running low on fresh stuff .............................and basics. The soup was an invention of necessity; chicken from freezer, last of rice from the store cupboard and lemon juice and chicken stock. Tastes yummy though.

Finding it hard to stomach much for lunch at the mo, so I've made myself a bit of pasta, with some passatta, red pepper and red onion

Am raiding the cupboard today so am having Tandoori Rice with leftover chicken and lettuce. Fingers crossed it tastes good ;)

Today's delight is Karela curry with couscous. Never tried the Karela before but it was cheap at tesco the other night. I've heard it's bitter, hopefully not some much that I can't eat it and will have to brave the canteen again! :(

hiyer, i knid of had a brunch today, and i'm now so full, had fried, bacon, egg, tomatoe, mushrooms and some lef over potatoes from last night:D

I have Batchelors Pasta n sauce with steamed veg - have to say its lovely ( never had it before) and i made it only with water so i'm thinking its free on EE

I've just had a veg stir fry with some cod. The cod was meh... but the veg were ok. Consisted of leeks, celery, green pepper, babycorn, mushrooms and a bit of water chesnuts/bamboo shoots with some ginger and soy sauce.
Not really a fan of stir fry but it was quick and healthy :)

I've just had a veg stir fry with some cod. The cod was meh... but the veg were ok. Consisted of leeks, celery, green pepper, babycorn, mushrooms and a bit of water chesnuts/bamboo shoots with some ginger and soy sauce.
Not really a fan of stir fry but it was quick and healthy :)
Glad you have eaten something and feel better!

Jacket spud with low fat philly with salad and two slices of thin ham.
low fat natural yoghurt.
now i need a sleep.

Back