whats for lunch

ooo check the syns on the JP - they are reallllllly bad from there - they deep fry them!

Urban legend :D. They do not deep fry jps at weatherspoons i;ve had many before and there not deep fried plus if they were i wouldnt eat them as can not stand deep fried food:D

Anyway didn't have time for that so grabbed some mango and grapes in town and came back home and had some of my left over chinease form last night (all syn free btw)

I can assure you that they ARE deep fried as is many other convenience foods..
they wash the potatoes and then deep fry them for a few minutes to make the skin crispy, the they cool and freeze them..
when they want one they take it out and ping it for 10 mins or so to thaw and cook the middle..
otherwise a JP takes about an hour in the oven and I doubt they have them in there waiting on the off chance that someone orders one..

Today's desk picnic will be some sw cottage cheese quiche with ham, 2 apples, a pear and a mango (mmmm, mango!!)

I'm sure that if you search minimins there is a thread with an official communiqué from Wetherspoons denying any JP deep-frying.
In any case, syns are on syns online and IMO opinion are better accepted and counted, then move on folks...

I was lazy last night and didn't prepare anything. So it's cup-a-pasta and fruit for me, and maybe a couple of ryvita with philidelphia as a HexB :)

didnt have time to prepare anything for today, so i'm having LF super noodles with chilli chicken breasts. fruit for afters.

Last edited:
Spicy Buttnernut Squash soup made by my own fair hands last night, with 2 slices of WM bread (HexB)

I have just had a total scrummy lunch made mostly with left overs in the fridge!!

I had some tuna steaks that needed eating up so I got a 1/2 red pepper, courgette, red onion & some smoked bacon that I have left from tonights liver & bacon casserole. Stirfried all the vegies & bacon off & added a sprinkling of garlic granuals. Then pan fried the Tuna steaks & served them on the veg with some left over salad of rocket & spinich leaves - a tbs of sweet chilli sauce (synned) & it was absolutly gorgeous!!!

Back