whats for lunch

Mussell and mackerel salad - one of the best lunches I've had for ages! The tomato juice from the mackerel meant no need for any sort of salad dressing :D

Attachments

• mussell and mackerel.jpg
    mussell and mackerel.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 134
Syn free vegetable paella!! ( lots of peppers, onions, peas and sweetcorn) Yummmmmmm!! Really filling too!
Xxx

Had a massive fruit salad & HiFi bar - orange one! Pretty boring bit I've had my 5 for the day & it's WI tonight!!!

We offered to buy a microwave but they would not let us, don't want us cooking in the office. A toaster is something to think about. I have got a food flask but find that the food is only luke warm by the time I get to eat. I've got a camping stove will have to put it in the boot of the car. See what they say about that !!!

what? you don't have a canteen / break area??
I'm pretty sure thy have to provide somewhere for you to eat and make drinks etc that's not at your desk..

you could keep the microwave in the boot of the car and run an extension lead out there at lunch time :)

in fact, here is the guidance from the government website..

Facilities for rest and to eat meals
[FONT=CHJHJ B+ Helvetica Neue,Helvetica Neue][FONT=CHJHJ B+ Helvetica Neue,Helvetica Neue]Suitable and sufficient, readily accessible rest facilities should be provided.

Seats should be provided for workers to use during breaks. These should be in a place where personal protective equipment need not be worn. Rest areas or rooms should be large enough and have sufficient seats with backrests and tables for the number of workers likely to use them at any one time, including suitable access and seating which is adequate for the number of disabled people at work.

Where workers regularly eat meals at work, suitable and sufficient facilities should be provided for the purpose. Such facilities should also be provided where food would otherwise be likely to be contaminated.

Work areas can be counted as rest areas and as eating facilities, provided they are adequately clean and there is a suitable surface on which to place food.

Where provided, eating facilities should include a facility for preparing or obtaining a hot drink. Where hot food cannot be obtained in or reasonably near to the workplace, workers may need to be provided with a means for heating their own food (eg microwave oven).

Canteens or restaurants may be used as rest facilities provided there is no obligation to purchase food.

Suitable rest facilities should be provided for pregnant women and nursing mothers. They should be near to sanitary facilities and, where necessary, include the facility to lie down.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Last edited:
ColJack said:
what? you don't have a canteen / break area??
I'm pretty sure thy have to provide somewhere for you to eat and make drinks etc that's not at your desk..

you could keep the microwave in the boot of the car and run an extension lead out there at lunch time :)

in fact, here is the guidance from the government website..

Thank you coljack, I will bring it up again at my next line management meeting.

Hmmm, just had some shreddies!

Having a red day but I forgot to bring my lunch in to work, and the only things I have in my drawer are mug shots and cous cous.

It's an early finish today and I'll be home by 2:30 ish so I'll find something good to nibble on before I do the chicken for tea. :D

EE day for me .

Pasta , drained then mixed with frylighted mushrooms and bacon. Then 1.5 oz phily light with chives stirred through ( 3 syns) DELISH !!

Little bit of left over SW Bolognaise sauce with runner beans and mash pots - Nom Nom!!

Been out for lunch, and had oven roasted salmon with shitake mushrooms, rice noodles, bok choi and sugar snap peas in miso....oh so yummy, very fresh, non oily.....the miso I have indoors is only 1syn a portion, so would guess at only a couple of syns max

Back