whats for lunch

Roasted aubergine stuffed with half a packet savoury rice that was cooked with a tin of sliced mushrooms, a tin of plum tomatoes, curry powder, with hea cheese melted on top

Abbysmom said:
Yes they are pumped full of fat :(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

sorry but thats a total myth. sw say you are fine to have hot cooked chickens fm the deli as long as you remove the skin.

Slimbysummer said:
sorry but thats a total myth. sw say you are fine to have hot cooked chickens fm the deli as long as you remove the skin.

Agreed! I actually called SW a couple of weeks ago and they confirmed that rotisserie chickens are indeed free as long as you take off the skin. I did mention the Waitrose ones specifically so maybe other supermarket chickens are different? I also called Waitrose and was assured that all they use on their chicken is a seasoning rub. Nothing's injected!

Honeyoc said:
Agreed! I actually called SW a couple of weeks ago and they confirmed that rotisserie chickens are indeed free as long as you take off the skin. I did mention the Waitrose ones specifically so maybe other supermarket chickens are different? I also called Waitrose and was assured that all they use on their chicken is a seasoning rub. Nothing's injected!

Did waitrose laugh? I am picturing these mean deli assistants with these big injectors and evil eyes lol.

I think the injecting chickens thing is one of those myths along with the deep fried jacket potatoes at wetherspoons. I mean could you imagine a deep fried jacket spud? I'd love to see someone manage to get there teeth through one of those haha

Was very bad and had pizza.

Having worked in catering a long time I can confirm that A LOT of places microwave their jacket spuds and then fry them off to crisp them up if they don't have those jacket potato ovens. As to if Wetherspoons do I don't know, not worked there, but I guess it would be a possibility.

Anyway....!

Lunch is a heb of small wholemeal bread with lean bacon and oodles of crisp lettuce, tbsp el mayo 0.5 syns

ANiceBitOfDust said:
Having worked in catering a long time I can confirm that A LOT of places microwave their jacket spuds and then fry them off to crisp them up if they don't have those jacket potato ovens. As to if Wetherspoons do I don't know, not worked there, but I guess it would be a possibility.

Anyway....!

Lunch is a heb of small wholemeal bread with lean bacon and oodles of crisp lettuce, tbsp el mayo 0.5 syns

NOoooooo not this again lol!
Weather spoons DO NOT fry their jacket spuds!!! :banghead: you don't need a 'jacket potato oven' to crisp them up either-just a normal oven works as well lol it's a shame that some places have to spoil things for people who are trying to be health!

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
Interesting discussion about the deep fried tatties :D

I'm thinking of trying out a pasta in sauce, with masses of spinach stirred in. I have a bag of spinach which needs to be used NOW, before it gets too slimy. I also had it in smoothie this morning, and with eggs at breakfast. I'll be getting sick of it soon but hate to throw anything away.... I guess I might need to add some more superfree to that lunch to make it ok on extra easy. Have done shopping though and have plenty of veggies in :)

Wetherspoons have confirmed in writing that they don't do it.

Other places may do - I've worked somewhere where they deep fried them in the work canteen. We used to watch them do it with some morbid curiosity - if you don't prick them first they tend to explode and it was quite spectacular to see!

Glad I'm not the only one that has seen it in practise then! No I know you don't need a special jacket potato oven, but most places who serve them do have them (the black and brass things with glass at the top) as otherwise the proper oven would be just full o tatties ;)

Soup - Onion, garlic, tomato, cabbage, carrot, broccoli, celery, cabbage, a small piece of lamb, potato, aubergin and then put a slice of WM bread in to bulk it up before serving.

Back