whats for lunch

I'm making squash & tomato curry (from last Xmas magazine) with rice & peas & WM pitta bread (HExB)

I had vegetable and mixed bean soup with a piece of toast

Made a big pot of root veg and lentil soup so had a bowl of that with ryvita :)

Made my own bolognese type thing with lean mince and loads of veg and a few spices and rice. Made enough for the whole week.

Cottage cheese and tomato on toast

A mugshot and some LM red onion and rosemary sausages as its all free :) and then some fresh pineapple :D

mushrooms, tin tomatoes, 2 toast, joes grills.

Had 2 slices of wholemeal bread, I lightly fried them in frylight after they were toasted, quite nice!! I don't like normal greasy fried bread. With that I had 2 scrambled eggs with 'fried' mushrooms and baby plum tomatoes. Was lovely

I really fancy a Batchelors savoury rice but haven't got a microwave at work, does anyone know if I can just add boiling water and leave it for a while?

I really fancy a Batchelors savoury rice but haven't got a microwave at work, does anyone know if I can just add boiling water and leave it for a while?

Well you could try I suppose, but with all the very hard veg in it, I dont think it would work. How long are you planning on leaving the water for? :)

Well you could try I suppose, but with all the very hard veg in it, I dont think it would work. How long are you planning on leaving the water for? :)

As long as it takes! I'll not worry about it today and experiment at the weekend :)

Back