whats for lunch

I had speed soup with a muller light and blackberries:)

Ham salad with lettuce, tomato, raddish, spring onion and carrot with hellmans fat free dressing.
P1000796.jpg

Im going to have to be eating out a lot for my work and brewers fair was one of them. Do they do anything syn free for a red day???

I'm not good with red days but they have like gammon there and a chicken an bacon salad and the do normal chilli as well, they also do jacket potatoes and other stuff too :) the menu is quite good there

Xx

Just had this lightly spiced tomato and red lentil soup. Loved it! :) Oh, yes, it serves four so plenty left for tomorrow, if OH doesn't scoff it first!

1 onion, roughly chopped
2 celery sticks, roughly chopped
1 carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1 tsp ground cumin
Half a tsp of ground coriander
175g split red lentils
1.2 litres of veg stock
400g can chopped tomatoes
2 tsp of tomato puree
1 bay leaf
4 tbsp. FF Greek yoghurt
2 tbsp. chopped coriander

Spray a large pan well with Frylight a nd cook the onion until it begins to soften. Add a splash of water if it sticks.
Stir in the celery and carrot and cook for 3 mins, stirring frequently.
Add the cumin and coriander and cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
Add the lentils, stock, tomatoes, tomato puree and the bay leaf. Bring to the boil.
Reduce the heat, then half cover the pan with a lid and simmer for 25-30 minutes until the lentils and veg are very soft.
Meanwhile, stir the coriander into the yoghurt for the garnish.
Remove the bay leaf from the soup. Blend the soup until smooth, then return to the pan.
Check the consistency: it will be fairly thick, so if you prefer it thinner, dilute with a little more stock and season to taste.
Reheat until just bubbling and serve, drizzled with some of the coriander yoghurt and sprinkled with black pepper.

For a spicy lentil and parsnip soup, stir in Quarter of a teaspoon of crushed dried chillies along with the spices and add 225g roughly chopped parsnips instead of the celery.

I added in a sprinkling of ground ginger and some finely chopped red pepper too and grated my HEX cheese over the top. It was to die for and Syn Free too.

Suppose you could throw in some chopped, cooked bacon, ham or Chorizo (Synned)! :)

Kathy

something light as I still feel bloated after the past few days

Just a banana for lunch today. Have WI at 5pm so don't want to eat a great deal. It's an improvement though - usually I starve myself on a Tuesday until I've been weighed. Trying to take steps towards more healthy habits :)

I had chilli and corriander prawns with cucumber & tomatoes and fresh fajita mix with WW half a jar of roasted garlic pasta sauce very nice Mmmm X

image-3864761708.jpg

I'm going to have a yummy Tesco chilli chicken noodle salad for lunch today! :)

Today i think it will just be lentil soup and a yoghurt dont feel hungry at all today x

Jacket potato with tuna. salad and homemade coleslaw :)

Right going to have my dinner as my lunch today gives me more time to burn it off so big lunch 2 fish fillets veg and brown sauce was ment to be for dinner tonight but playing tricks on my tummy today see if it pays off ;-) X

Back