Whats more important, a fit body or pretty face.

I think a fit body is more important. It's the body which looks after you. If you are fit then your heart, lungs etc are fit and generally you will be healthier.

A pretty face? Who really cares. Make up works wonders, as does a good hair cut.

neither - a good heart is all you need x

Thank you my lovely wise friends............

I sometimes think society is far to preoccupied with looks.

Obviously we are all on here because we want to lose or have lost weight for whatever reason.

The most important qualities in a person for me are kindness and compassion regardless of face or figure.

Thank you my lovely wise friends............

I sometimes think society is far to preoccupied with looks.

Obviously we are all on here because we want to lose or have lost weight for whatever reason.

The most important qualities in a person for me are kindness and compassion regardless of face or figure.

Hear hear!! I quite agree Sue :) I'm by no means an oil painting, and unfortunately that will never change, but I'd like to think that people like me because I'm a kind, generous and compassionate person.

If people don't like me because I'm carrying a bit too much weight, or because I don't have a pretty face, then more fool them I say! :D They don't know what they're missing out on, lol! xx

Fit body - yes a pretty face would be nice, but you're so unhealthy you die of a heart attack at a young age, or have a leg amputated at 40 due to chronic diabetes what's the friggin' point?

And just as an aside, having read the whole thread I am so glad to see so many people say neither! I have been overweight my entire adult life, and have never considered myself pretty - but I have all the friends I need, a husband who loves me & a job in which I am successful & well respected. For me the most important thing is a personaility & a brain (i don't mean being clever, I mean being able to have a proper conversation about something other than Jeremy Kyle or Eaatenders))

Well I had a fit body and was miserable
My face was ok and I was miserable

Now I have neither but I have a ready smile!

Back