What's new?

synstar

Hello!

I've decided to give Slimming World another go - I did it years ago (in the days of red and green) and did well, but all the weight and more has crept back on since then :(.

I rejoined my local group about 6 months ago and got all the books etc., but for various reasons didn't really get going with it. I'd like to give it a go on my own this time as I didn't really feel I got a lot out of my local the meeting (which is a shame because the one I used to go to years ago was fab). I also found that I was having to miss meetings quite a lot because of work, and that when that happened I'd use it as an excuse to go off track.

Anyway, I've been reading on here about lots of changes in the last year or so and I'm wondering if I need to get a more up to date book? The one I have is only about 6 months old and has Extra Easy etc in it. Have other changes been major, or will I be fine with this? I don't really want to go back to my local group if I don't have to. I know you can't give very specific details because of copyright, but if someone could give me a rough idea of what the main changes have been, it would help me decided whether I'm ok sticking with the old books or not :).

Thanks!!

Hi,
I'm back after a couple of years (or more) out and to be honest apart from EE being pushed a lot and minor changes in the amounts of hex b (cereals mainly from what I can see) it is pretty much the same. The food optimising book I got was yellow/orange with a slice of orange on the front if that helps.....

The plans been working for years so I reckon that even if you are following a slightly older plan it will still work - just so long as you follow it correctly! :D

Good luck!

Ok, thanks! - I thought that would probably be the case, but just wanted to check there had been nothing earth-shattering change since I last went!

Curses! I was kinda hoping that was one of the changes!!

Back