What's On Your Mind Today ?

Viva La Diva

A Brit living in the USA
Morning All, I'm wondering if I should keep a blog, which would be my food diary too, just had a sneaky peek at yours Flux....

Also had a bad night last night it was very stormy here and the thunder and lightning was epic to say the least!!! So this morning although I feel positive, was 100% yesterday, as they say on here I think!! I have zero energy, and I may need another coffee or two to jump start me !!! Haha !!

Also I wish the weather would start to change here, it was 77 degrees yesterday, and people were still in shorts and tee shirts....still takes some getting used to in October for me !!!!! When we are feeling fat, like I do all of the time, I need the comfort of my jeans and a cover it all up top !!!! Hehehe !

Hi DLV,
I'm new to this part of the forum but thought I would say hi,
think I've tried nearly every diet going this past year to try and lose the 2 stone I put on after reaching my goal of 140.
Alas, I can't seem to find the motivation to follow any plan rigidly and I end up bingeing and yo-yo dieting like no-ones business and that's not good for the body or the mind, so I have decided to just try and eat as healthily as I can and expect no big miracles.
So that's me really, today I feel a lot happier in myself at taking this decision.
How are you doing?
This healthy eating forum is very quiet huh?

I can never really keep up with diarys so im just going to post there as and when i remember with whatever nonsense is in my head at the time haha.

Ive had a pretty active day today.. been up and on the go all day but managed to keep my choices reasonably healthy. Had fat free natural yoghurt with dried fruits for breakfast and beans on weight watchers bread for lunch. Just waiting for my vegitarian bolognase bake to get done then off to my friends for a movie night ;)

Tomorrow up early to get that exercise ive been dodging out of the way :)

Hi DreamingMaid, I know what you mean about this forum... *pokes it with a stick, just to make sure it's still alive !! * The forums for VLCD are heaving on here, are people just desperate for the quick results ? I'm not dissing these diets, just voicing an observation...... I am a yo-yo dieter so I can lose weight but then regain it quite regularly !!!!!

You've done so well I cannot imagine what it felt like to be 140 lbs , are you back to your heaviest weight or have you been bigger like me. Sorry I'm a bit nosey, hehe......

Hiya Flux, did you get up early to exercise ??? I have managed to do 2 days running on my Treadmill, well walking on it not RUNNING yet !! Haha !! Did an hour each time at 3.5 miles, I have the music blaring and just keep going. It's a beautiful morning here so I am going for a walk along the river, will wear my pedometer just to keep an eye on the miles !!! Trying to get up to 10,000 steps, but it's hard..... I'm also having Veggie Bol for dinner this evening !! We had lovely soup and crusty brown bread the other night and Mr Diva was not happy about that, SOUP is not a proper meal, haha !!! I love soup !!!!

Hey VLD
Yes, i managed to get up early and get some exercise done. I did a hour on the wii and 20 min on the rowing machine. Will do the same again tomorrow i think. Its also weigh day for me tomorrow..eep... quite nervous, but excited at the same time :D

I had gammon steak and green beans tonight, very yummy.

Hey VLD,
No, I'm not at my heaviest. I originally lost 5 stones on a vlcd, but have regained 2 over the past year.
I have followed a series of diets over the months and none of them have worked for me.
Now I am just going to healthy eat and see where it takes me.

Yesterday I had
B. Porridge with mixed berries and yoghurt
L. Ham salad
S. Carrot and orange Muffin
D. Wholemeal pitta bread with Greek cheese and couscous.

Water. 1.5 ltr
Exercise. Still working on that ;)

Well had my second weigh in since trying to keep to healthy eating and some exercise, and in two weeks I've lost 2 lbs...... I know I should be happy about this, happy that those 2 lbs are no longer slapped on my thighs, but, but, but...... I'm feeling annoyed with myself with last night's snacking attack, annoyed that because I did a lot more exercise than I usually do, believe me, I did not lose another pound !!! How crazy is this !!!! I'm expecting BIG results still, when I know that this is the most sensible plan that works for me, and it may take me over a year, at this rate......
I'm prattling on now, feeling sorry for myself again..... What a way to start the week, grrrr !!!! Well I may feel down, but I'm not giving in yet..... Plan this week is to walk 20 miles, not thinking about the number of workouts I have to do, just thinking about the miles, I don't think snacking will be a problem for a few days, as I'm feeling guilty about being a pig last night !!!! And usually that feeling lasts a couple of days, haha !!!!!!
Good luck peeps, and send some will power, as Gawd knows I think I need it !!!!!

I have not posted here for a long time, so here I am!

Well some things never change....FOOD is always on my mind, and then on my lips and then on my already AMPLE hips !!!

I have just finished making a giant roasted vegetable and mushroom lasagne, it feeds 12 !! It's my low fat recipe, so fear ye not the dreaded calories !!! Haha !! I also freeze two thirds of it and I will have it with salad, greedy Mr Diva LOVES this and has two portions!!

I am trying not to think about how long it is taking to lose this weight, will I be still plodding along in another year?? Facing another fat Christmas ???? ( I know not my fattest one,but still....) I saw a skinny friend at the weekend and I found myself envious of her trendy figure....she looked fab.... And how even though she is nearly fifty, she looks younger than me!!!!

Gosh I'm rambling on...... I'm just SO ready to drop a size, but my body doesn't agree......SIGH !!!!

Diva x

I have not posted here for a long time, so here I am!

Well some things never change....FOOD is always on my mind, and then on my lips and then on my already AMPLE hips !!!

I have just finished making a giant roasted vegetable and mushroom lasagne, it feeds 12 !! It's my low fat recipe, so fear ye not the dreaded calories !!! Haha !! I also freeze two thirds of it and I will have it with salad, greedy Mr Diva LOVES this and has two portions!!

I am trying not to think about how long it is taking to lose this weight, will I be still plodding along in another year?? Facing another fat Christmas ???? ( I know not my fattest one,but still....) I saw a skinny friend at the weekend and I found myself envious of her trendy figure....she looked fab.... And how even though she is nearly fifty, she looks younger than me!!!!

Gosh I'm rambling on...... I'm just SO ready to drop a size, but my body doesn't agree......SIGH !!!!

Diva x

Heyyy Viva!! :)

Sounds like you're doing well :) and congratulations on your weight loss upto now, that's amazing!! :D

Your lasagne sounds yum! :p do you keep a diary on here??

And enough with the 'sigh's' :p you're doing BRILLIANTLY!! I'm sure your body will drop a size any time soon because you're being so good! :) I bet you'll be super skinny next christmas without a doubt! :)

x

Heyyy Viva!! :)

Sounds like you're doing well :) and congratulations on your weight loss upto now, that's amazing!! :D

Your lasagne sounds yum! :p do you keep a diary on here??

And enough with the 'sigh's' :p you're doing BRILLIANTLY!! I'm sure your body will drop a size any time soon because you're being so good! :) I bet you'll be super skinny next christmas without a doubt! :)

x

Awwww, thanks Lozzy Gozzy, I know I'm being a silly mare, but sometimes the thinking about being slim or slimmer becomes a bit of a monster and hard to put back in it's cage !!! Hehehe !!

Today, I am thinking about chocolate......especially Ripples for some strange reason..... not available here so have settled for a 3 Musketeers bar, it's a kind of giant milky way, so mainly air !!!

It's been a tough week, life-wise, not calorie-wise !!! I've had another medical check up, 4 injections, a chest x-ray, and the kittens have been back to the Vets for more injections too !!! So choccy bar feels rightly earned !!! Also if I don't have some thing small choccy wise it'll be a one way ticket to BINGEVILLE !!!!

Have a good weekend everybody and don't forget Christmas is what 3 weeks away, eeeeekkkkk!!!!!

Diva x

Today, I am HAPPY !!!!! I have lost 50 lbs...it's been up and down, believe me...I have been stuck in so many ruts I have lost count, but I am still here..... All I know is that I really do not want those pounds of lardy fat back, ever, and with that comes the knowledge that I have to keep going......
2011 will be the year I finish this journey,and continue on with a happy and healthy life with Mr Diva, my wonderful Hubby who has stood by me through this all, never judged, and has always loved the real me inside all of this fat.....

Back