Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

what's the best butter/spread value for syns?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by funkykat, 3 April 2008 Social URL.

1. funkykat

funkykat Kat

Diet:
    Slimming World
    hi

i'm just trying to work about what butter replacement/ marg tastes the nicest for the lowest syns... what do you all use?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Louise24

Louise24 Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi, I don't use any to be honest. If I have bread it is only ever as toast, then I'll have baked beans or a poached egg on toast.

What do you use it on? If it is for sandwiches, try making a syn free dip (with natural yogurt) or something to sog it down a bit. I prefer to save my syns for chocolate. Hehe. x

4. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    No idea how Syns work out but Flora Extra Light is the best calorie & sat fat wise, well best Ive been able to find :)

5. Topper78

Topper78 Full Member

My consultant suggests using laughing cow light instead of marg/spread and you can count this as a healthy extra A choice. I sometimes use St Ivel Gold Extra light which works out quite low in syns.

6. annettej

annettej Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    WW
    I don't use any myself either but ....

Flora extra light is half a syn per teaspoon or 2.5 syns per 28g

Flora diet is half a syn per teaspoon or 3 syns per 28g

Flora Pro-Active extra light is the same as Flora Diet

Hope this helps!

Annette x

7. RUTHYJ357

RUTHYJ357 Gold Member

Diet:
    SW
    Whooooooooooo what a waste of syns......i dont have anything.......never ever have, Unless its on toast ;).........but i havent had toast for months and months.

Ruthy xxx

8. rolo

rolo Full Member

Thanks for that Topper, I never thought of doing that. Heres me wasting 3 sins a day on a triny scraping of marge when I can have a thick layer of laughing cow light!

Roz x

9. annettej

annettej Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    WW
    Personally, I haven't used any low fat spread on my bread since I started. I've recently (this week) rediscovered Dairylea light! You can have 3 chunky triangles for 1 HEA. I had it on Ryvita (which I was dreading - I thought it might be like eating cardboard) and I sooooo enjoyed it! I'm going to try them on a red day with some ham on top too!

Annette x

10. funkykat

funkykat Kat

Diet:
    Slimming World
    not planning on using very often, before SW didn't really anyway but should i want to make a sauce or something it's good to know what is the best value for syns. think i'll give the flora extra light a go. thanks ladies!

i had thought about making the rice pudding that steph put up, i might try making without fat and see how that works out...

Kx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.