What's The Best Diet For PCOS ?

agree, cut down on the carbs, and aim to ensure the carbs you do include are low GI.

what is a good example of a Low GI carb ?

are fresh potatoes a Low GI carb ?

There's lots of general info about the GI diet on the site linked by Sonya above too ^^

My personal favourite low GI carb is wholewheat pasta, and fresh egg penne! I also love the seeded cereal pittas from the Food Doctor but I'm not sure of their GI content (if they're low or medium).

Hello all - I have been doing slimming world for 3 months now and have lost over 30lbs. I am a huge breadaholic but ration myself to wholemeal pitta a couple of times a week but do still indulge in pasta and rice occassionally. teh best part is that my usual one period every 9 months is now one every 5 weeks :eek:)
Happy happy
Good luck all
x

hmm, I am now having a period every three weeks, regular as clockwork... I preferred it when they were every few months to be honest!!

However, having said that, irregular periods were unpredictable, and I had some very prolonged periods too, which were awful, so at least they are predictable now!

HI Squirly,

i can say as i also suffer from PCOS i am finding the slimming world diet works wonders i have been on it for 7wks now and have lost 11.5lbs and still going, i never feel hungry and i find i have more energy now too.
Good luck in which ever you choose.

Hi

what plan do you follow of the SW, i did and i managed to lose 3 pounds that i 3 weeks however my weight started going up. some ppl suggested doing red days but i don't like meet that much. So any tips please i really need it.

For me Slimming World is working a treat but everybody is different with regards to which diet you can get your head round and fits around your life.

I hope some of that makes sense :D

Gi diet. Recomended by nurse at surgery .

I've tried everything and nothing worked until my GP recommended low Carb.

Even GI didn't work for me but I definitely think its a great place to start.

Xx

Sent from my Nexus S using MiniMins

Back