What's the biggest weight loss you've seen in a week?

I wish I could add an exciting amount here, but the most I have ever lost was on my first WI a measly 2.5 pounds. I started a new class this week and a lady there had lost 1 stone 1lb in her 2 week, it would take me a few months to lose that!

I wish I could add an exciting amount here, but the most I have ever lost was on my first WI a measly 2.5 pounds. I started a new class this week and a lady there had lost 1 stone 1lb in her 2 week, it would take me a few months to lose that!

I suppose a lot depends on how much you need to lose in the first place.

I see you have 50lbs to lose according to your stats so 2.5 lbs is good.

If you have over 200lbs to lose and there are some people who have nearer to 300lbs to lose, big weight losses are to be expected.

You keep up the good work with small, steady weight losses.......... so much better for you.

My biggest weight loss ever was 6lbs when I first started.

my biggest loss in a week was just 4lb(first week)
my hubbies biggest loss was 12lb(first week).

my classes biggest loss in one week was 18lb!!!! the guy was a restarter and apparently he's rejoined several times and always has a humongous loss his first week.

I lost 7lbs in 4 days...but it was on the Zoe Harcombe diet...a VERY restrictive diet, no wonder I couldn't carry it on, no fruit, sweetner and i can't remember the rest!

SW is def the best diet which allows you to eat normal, everyday foods.

I lost 6.5lbs one week, but that was after a 5lbs put on over new year and a week snowboarding hol in france!

Biggest I have seen is a lady who was 5'10 and 11 stone (she told me) so im sure you will agree VERY slim! She lost 13lbs in one week and all of us were gobsmacked! She then told me as we were leaving all she had eaten during the week was cabbage soup and apples.... I was so annoyed!! Just think thats cheating pretending it was SW. Never saw her again and I'm glad of it too!

SPEED SOUP - BTW just thought I'd mention for the lady who asked, I have known alot of people who have eaten nothing but this soup and have actually maintained as its actually quite high in cals if you look at the ingredients and not completely speedy either so if your wanting a speedy soup try and stick to all superfree/speedy foods tomato soup is a good one!xx

My consultant said a woman at her different class lost 1 stone 1lb last week, on her first week.
First week doesn't count;)

I didn't actually mean everyone's OWN personal best loss, just the most you've seen at your group lol. Although it is good to see everyone's best memory.

As I mentioned 14lb in a week from a member of the group I attend and they have been going over 9 months! - that is mighty impressive lol.

Shrimpy said:
My max has been 3.5lb, right at the start and after a fishy week. In my group, one girl lost 7lbs, in her 4th week! She put it down to speed soup! :)

Lol what actual speed??!!!!

I lost 10 this week, this has been my biggest loss in a week. I started in September. x

Wow that's amazing...how on earth did you manage that...i want details please...exercise and all!!! lolol :D;)

Lolol definately will do!!! ;)

lilaloves said:
Well done! Thats excellent.

Thankyou lovely, hope you're having a good week! X

I suppose a lot depends on how much you need to lose in the first place.

I see you have 50lbs to lose according to your stats so 2.5 lbs is good.

If you have over 200lbs to lose and there are some people who have nearer to 300lbs to lose, big weight losses are to be expected.

You keep up the good work with small, steady weight losses.......... so much better for you.

My biggest weight loss ever was 6lbs when I first started.

I have lost a stone since last time I had about 65lbs to lose and lost 7.5 pounds in 8 weeks, so was very slow. I am giving it another go again to see if it will be any different this time, I do have IBS and gynaecological problems so I have a lot of water retention and suffer from bloating, I actually believe I weigh a lot less than is shown on the scales.

When I lost the 1/2 stone last time my clothes were falling of me and you dont usually get that with such a small weight loss, also lots of people commented on it. I realise that I will probably be one of those people that will lose just small amounts, I was just so disappointed last time especially when I gave 100 percent and everyone around me were losing quite a bit, it did stress me and frustrate me.

This time around I am approaching it with a totally different attitude and I will be happy with any loss each week, now that I am more in tune with how my body works. So if I lose on average a pound a week for the next year that will be my target reached. I think we get so caught up with how much everyone else loses, but are bodies all work differently.

Sorry for rambling on felt the need to verbalise this if only just to clarify it all in my head.

Thank you so much for replying to my post I am sharing in your positive and realistic approach and realise anything else is just destructive and emotionally draining.

Slow amd steady wins the race;);););)

Don't be disheartened mistyme...i'm the same...last time i was losing about 0.5 lbs per bloody week, and i was so good as well...so i gave up. This time, i'm determined to stick to it no matter how small my losses until i get down to my pre-kids weight! :eek:

I have a lot of hormonal problems, but i find that eating probiotic yogurts really help with the bloating. Last week i had a lot of natural yogurt (a large tub in 2 days) and even though i was due on i had a remarkably flat stomach/abdomen. Try it! :)

Don't give up girl! :hug99:

Back