What's the one tip you would give to anyone starting

Stick to it 100% and it works. Cheat and it won't.

Have plenty of low-syn or free snacks! I keep boiled eggs in the fridge, ham slices to much on, low syn crisps, and a few mugshots.

Write it, then eat it! If you can't bring yourself to write it on your log it should go in the bin!

check check and check

always before and never after

Believe in the power of free food and embrace it.

Don't cheat and then blame the plan, you only have yourself to blame if you cheat!

Make sure that your kitchen is stocked with only good things. If you're like me, then if it's there it will get eaten. So stock up on everything you will need for your meals and then good snacks. Also as people have said before plan ahead. Plan your meals and stock up with what you need.

Don't think you know the plan just because you lost weight in the first week! I made that mistake, I am now in my 4th week and check my SW 'bibles'! at least 10 times a day!! x

I just started SW few weeks ago and I was all over the place, this has been my best week for getting on top of it all, I have prepared my menu in advance, I have wrote everything down this week (it is a good way of keeping track of HEs, Syns etc) I have visited SW website Syns calculator if not sure the value of the food, and I have my fridge stocked with lots of fruit and low fat snacks just in case I get caught short and most importantly of all read all the SW books. It can be information overload and I think it does takes a few weeks to get your head around it all. Good luck

The 7 Ps = prior planning and preparation prevents p*ss poor performance

But seriously, identify in advance what your trigger points are and plan now for what you will do when that time comes. If you don't have a plan you'll fall back to old, familiar habits and be more likely to stray off plan.

Believe in yourself. You have made the decision to do this, we are all living proof that it works and now you can do it too.

Also plan plan plan!!!

Get your head in the zone. You have to be in the right frame of mind for success. Sticking with the plan really does work if you do it right, but as with any diet, it's easy to go off track and blame the plan, or something else. If you really want to lose weight and your head is in the right place, sticking with the plan will be like a piece of cake (pardon the pun!) and you'll lose it :)

Oh, and also, keep a diary!

Definitely planning goes a long way.
Live each day as if you are a ne2w member and check measurements religiously...dont "guesstimate!

Sorry to be thick but ive heard these 'mughshots' mentioned a lot- what are they? Thanks in advance

Mugshots are a bit like pot noodles in a packet. As for advice i would say forget anything you have ever beleived about dieting especially where carbohydrates are concerned. they need not be the enemy

This is such a good thread!! I would say don't be afraid to eat:D:D

Took me a while to bannish all the diet myths that we have all been conditioned with but now I have it so works:D

Don't forget the little things. I was not synning the milk in my coffee at work. I just didn't think it was 'that' important. turns out, 6 extra syns a day. Again with the oil in my actifry, I use it nearly every day, that's another 1 1/2. And my bread rolls are 68g, so that's at least another syn there. So 8 1/2 extra almost every day. Plus my normal 10-15 sllocated syns.

Definitely plan everything, write absolutely everything down, even keep a small notebook with you with all the syns of things you usually snack on/grab in a hurry if you are out - no-one wants to carry round that huge directory with them! Make a menu up for the week and then do a shopping list from that. Look hard at how you can change your 'day' choices around by really knowing what is available in the healthy extras, especially if you tend to stick more to a certain colour day - with me, it is green, but my husband loves a sunday roast, so I need to do my homework a bit more regarding what to eat on a red day. If you are a snacker like me, remove anything dangerous from the house and really revise on low syn snacks that fill you up, and, again, things that you can grab while away from your home when hunger strikes. Make lists as long as your arm and don't worry that you will look like an obsessed, mad person - SW only works (as so many others have said) if you plan, plan and plan some more.

Back