Whats ur reason 4 losing weight?

Jenny_b

Gold Member
apart from looking better and fitting into clothes in every shop is anyone losing weight for any other reason?

my reason - (try and keep it short as possible)

well 2 and a bit yrs ago i was a gym & boxercise instructor, weighted around 9'7lbs and had decided id finished having kids (have 2 little girls) id finally left the girls sperm doner as he was total crap (long long story) then within a couple of months everything changed, had a bad car crash that twisted my spine, i couldnt walk for a while then when i could was in so much pain so couldnt work. after it improved slightly, exactly 2 yrs 2moro my friends presuaded me to go out for my birthday. while out i met luke, fell in love in about 2 weeks and got married 8 wks later, it sounds crazy but we just knew it was right. anyway i wanted to have children with him so much, soon as we got married started trying. 2 yrs later & ive lost 5 babies in early pregnancy. ive also gained a ton of weight from being pregnant and then eating like crazy when im upset and also my back not being back to normal so not back at work. sooo now i want to lose all this weight and hopefully go full term and have a healthy baby or 2.

appartently overweight/obese women have a lot higher chance of miscarrying a healthy baby.

i will get to my healthy bmi and then do alot of praying.

sorry yet another long post

x x

oh sweetheart, i'm so sorry to read about the difficulties you're having. that must be heartbreaking. :hug99:

my reason is simply health and self esteem. i was so overweight with such a high BMI that heart disease or diabetes was almost inevitable. i have avoided them both (so far!) and i just thought, how much more can my body take before it cant handle it anymore! i am a very outgoing and cheerful person but my self esteem is thru the floor. i just wanted to be a better me i suppose.

i know that i want kids one day and i would have been a fool to try and have them while i was so overweight as a) i run the risk of losing them, like you say, and b) how long would i really have been around for them at that weight?

sxx

My heart aches for you in your journey to have another child. Have you had other tests done to rule out anything else that may be 'causing' the miscarriages? I know it's the policy of my local health authority to investigate after 3 miscarriages to see if the cause can be identified?
I only ask because I (and many others on here and in my life) was seriously overweight- actually obese II during one of my pregnancies? I know excess weight can cause fertility issues, but its not the only cause?
Anyway- to answer your question- I wanted to lose the weight to make sure I was around to see my kids grow up, and now they're starting school I didn't want to embarrass them by being the 'slummy mummy' at the school gates! I want to enjoy everything that they want to do, and be able to take part in their lives without taking a breather every two minutes.
Oh, and I wanted to shop in 'normal' shops as well, not just have the select few 'plus-size' shops be my only options.

Awww sweetie pie *hugs* I'm so sad reading your story. Did you have you miscarriages investigated? I think like Irish Mum said after the third, they investigate.

Awww at you and Luke knowing you were made for each other. I was the same with my Hubby. Met him on a message board, we got on like a house on fire. He was from Essex. Went over to the mainland to 'meet him' 5 weeks later. He came to me a week after that (we couldn't stand to be apart, it was heartbreaking) He stayed, never went back! 10 years later and we fall in love more and more every day. So, I really do believe in fate/destiny.

I want to lose the weight for much the same reasons as Sarah Lou and Irish Mum.

I have an absolutely beautiful, bright, intelligent 4 year old Daughter who has autism. She needs me to be fit, healthy and happy for the rest of my life. I'm doing it firstly for myself but my main reason is for her. I have to give her 100% forever, so I'm going to make damn sure I succeed.

X

yeah had all the tests and scans done and everything is totally normal, doctor says its really good that ive gone full term twice, more chance of me having more.
i absolutley love being a mommy, my youngest started at school 2day, god theyre growing up so fast.

being on LP has really taken my focus of babies, need something to concentrate on or i'll constantly be thinking about whats happened and why. u lot really r so supportive and lovely.

kids are a great reason to lose the weight, sure ull be yummy mummies before u know it.

thanks for the hugs.

x xx

Aww babe! You're story really was heartbreaking to read-I'm so sorry for you about the lost pregnancies. :(
I've never had children but I plan on having a whole brood but I've been told by my GP that I have polycystic ovaries which isn't helped by being as overweight as I am so my chances of conceiving at the moment are extremely low, and while I don't plan on having kids for a few more years, it was devestating to hear something like that.

Mainly I want to lose weight because I don't feel good being me and my self-esteem doesn't exist. Losing weight may be a shallow way of feeling better, but it's true nonetheless. I want to feel like a woman, instead of a mass of blubber. I want to wear pretty clothes, not just anything with an elasticated waist band that fits. I want to not be the funny, fat friend while out with mates. I want to dance on a dancefloor instead of gyrating my fat ass around.
I want to stop hiding myself.
I want to start living the life I see in my head but not in my mirror and I want to live through my 20s, not hide away from them.

I suppose my excuses are pretty similar to most everyone here.

Akra xxx

hi akra,
my sister also has polycystic ovaries and was told it would be hard for her conceive but she had no problems, has 2 kids and 1 on the way so hopefully when ur time comes it wont be hard either.

oh and i dont think losing weight is a shallow way to feel better about urself. i feel so much more confident when im slimmer.

good luck getting 2 ur goal.

x x

I want to send you HUGE HUGS. I can't imagine what you've been through. When your ready to try again I will send lots of positve prays your way.
I love your story of how you both met (a little similar to mine, My hubby proposed after 2 weeks but didn't marry till 2 years later.) You just know when it right.

I want to lose weight for a few reason. 1. for my 2 year old who runs rings round me. 2. For my asthma to improve. 3. To be able to get pregnant and 3. to have pregnancy where I can breath properly and not spend so much time in hospital

Hey huni, as above very sorry to hear that you've had a rough time. It sounds as tho you are making lots of positive steps to getting healthy. I've always been a yo yo'er when it comes to weight...I gained 3 stone with my first baby and lost it quite quickly with weight watchers. I gained 5 stone with my 2nd pregnancy and tried weight watchers and slimming world but basically never had this much weight to lose before and it's very disheartening when you lose 2lbs, 1lbs gain 2lbs etc...and failed each diet attempt followed by a binge!
I think my health is what really made me choose LT, i've had painful feet 'plantar facilitus' which wearing flat ballerina type shoes and carrying alot of weight hasn't helped at all! Also i just love clothes and feel restricted to what i want to wear by my size and drawing too much attention to the fact i'm fat!
So hear it is...i'm an all or nothin kind of girl and i can't diet where food is concerned!!

Hi Jenny, sorry to hear your loss. I suffered a miscarriage 2 years ago, I was told my weight didn't contribute, but i felt really guilty, as though i had suffocated it to death, after that, i tried again to fall pregnant with no success, my weight just kept going up and going up and it was just ridiculous, i was barely eating anything by the time I started LT, but still gaining weight! my hubby and i decided to try again for a baby after xmas when i've lost the majority of my weight and am a healthier bmi. Also I look at slim girls when i'm out and about, and used to feel so jealous, I feel better knowing that i'm going to be like that someday soon!!

I am losing weight for health and well being reasons. I don't suffer from any serious diseases, but my weight was getting out of control and I was on my way to becoming really unhealthy. In the last 4 months I have quit smoking without problems, cut my work hours in half, greatly improved my blood lipids and lost 25 lbs. Loving it. Can't wait to have bacon again in two weeks, though... :)

Several reasons for me

A) being over 20 stone at 20 year old is never a good thing. My size stopping me being able to work cos couldnt get under machines etc. couldnt do half the stuff my mates did as i was too big
B) low self esteem didnt dare talk to or meet new people and was jus happy to be stuck in the house out of the way
C) sick of people making sly comments about my size

Id just had enough tbh got me down, used to cut myself cos of feeling so low etc

Simple, I had become dependant on my children.
One morning as I hurried my son's out the door nagging were going to be late lets get going when one of my sons just stood still waiting by my door " what are you doing get your coat on quickly" the reply he gave me was enough to make me realise just how much the size had become an issue in my everyday life.
His reply was ... but mum I havn't put your socks and shoes on you yet.

also medical reasons this year diagnosed with sleep apnea which can be triggered by weight gain ,i have my next sleep study oct 12 ,so by losing weight im hoping to lose illness

hi

Ah Jenny sorry to hear that...
where there is a will there is a way....
You will get there in the end hun! :O) Keep up the fight!!! you are doing well!

My reason is simple - cas I IS FAT!

and to fit into bridesmaid dress - goal complete...

also to loose weight before having a child... I also have pcos, making it very difficult to shift weight... especially around the tummy area.......

Id just had enough tbh got me down, used to cut myself cos of feeling so low etc

yep me too Adam. glad you wrote that in the past tense! i started when i was about 15 and managed to stop by about 18 so i've done a good 6 years without it but it still got me down right up until i started LT.

I've always been big and though it has not stopped me from doing a lot of things, one reason is to improve my health and my mobility. Also I think that it stopped me from finding my one true love. Now I know that being slim may not change this and I will still be lonely but at least my chance of finding happiness will improve as that is what society dictates. * Ducks whilst the brickbats of being big hasn't stopped others from finding love - but that is what I believe is one of the reasons why I haven't *. I am always told that I have a pretty face, a fantastic personality but my weight was never acceptable to men! They love having me as a friend but not as a lover!!!

It shall be an interesting experiment to see if men take more of an interest in me when I am slimmer - specially old friends that have not seen me for many years !!

Its too late for me to have children - I am too set in my ways, and besides my neice and nephews are more than enough for me - but maybe just maybe !!!

A bit of a downer post I know and I'm sorry for that - in general I am really cheery and happy :D

I just want to be able to wear nice clothes. As I was, I might have been able to fit into things but they looked awful (and I was kidding myself what size I really was)!!!! It was also a bit of a ‘boost’ thing after my boyfriend & I broke up in June.

I now weigh less than I can ever remember. I know in 1999 at my lowest I was 11st 12lbs and that was after 8 weeks on SW.

Feeling good though now and I’m REALLY having to stop myself shopping as whatever I buy will probably be too big once I’m at target!!

Back