Whats wrong with me

sahalley

I really don't know what is going on with me at the moment, I've just lost 10 pounds in one week and yey am so happy about that .. but it has been a struggle. I've felt so hungry and am getting obsessed with the food around me. Even sniffing the biscuit tin for goodness sake.

This is third time round for me, each time I lost weight and came of it all for the same reason, my love of food. My first time I did really well and stuck to it for 8 weeks and managed to lose over 2 stone. My incentive was a trip to america and not wanting to fly fat. The second time was for a wedding .. and that time only lasted about 5 weeks. The wedding was wonderful but I felt terrible all day as in the run up to the wedding I put back some of the weight I had lost and now looking at the photos I feel disgusted with myself as I know I could have looked tons better. Now I am in a challenge with my brother on a lose 2 stone before Christmas. He is on Slimming World and I'm on CD.

I just can't get motivated. You would think losing 10 pound in the first week would be an incentive and I agree with you but at the moment all I am doing is obsessing about food .. wondering if I should change my diet to this or to that.

Tell me has anyone else had this problem or am I the only stupid, food obsessed person on here :cry:

Any motivation would be greatly received.

Sorry for the moan.

Believe me, you are certainly not the only food obsessed person on here!!!! We are all here for the same reason, we want to be slimmer, and most of us have (or have had) a bad relationship with food. So just pat yourself on the back for that amazing loss and just think what an amazing Xmas you will have, especially when you have beaten your brother in your slimming challenge. Remember, you can eat, your just choosing not to for a tiny part of your life, so you can get slimmer! Best of luck xx

i've had a real struggle this time round, my chap has been giving me little pep talks and i've taken advice off here... wrote down my reasons for doing this, wrote down how i feel when my weight gets me down (when i'm wrestling myself into my jeans aaagh) and i remember all this when i'm licking the biscuit barrel (joking haha) You've done brilliantly and i'm sure we've all struggled at some point! you are definitely not alone x x

aw hun i think what you are feeling is totally normal. you just need to re-arrange your thoughts. if you think of food think of a happy time when you felt happy about your weight. do this for 10-20 seconds then carry on with what you are doing.

if your stuck in doors go out for a walk. the fresh air will clear your mind.

good luck :)

i think everyone else has about covered it, but i had to reply when i read the bit about you sniffing the biscuit tin... i do that too! i sniff crisp packets and stuff, crazy huh?
but yeah, keep at it, you'll be so pleased when you finally manage to lose the weight.
i'm finding it really hard the second time around, but i keep thinking of what i looked like when i lost weight before and i loved the way i looked, so i keep that in mind when i start to get bored or crave food.

Oh thank you so much for your replies, its so nice to have support on here. I don't get any at home .. just get "not that diet again". Anyhoo didn't cheat .. I have carried on. Felt sooooo depressed last night too but came online just now and to read your messages was brilliant, just what I needed.

I've also not been sleeping that well and been having disturbing dreams .. anyone else had that.

RondaRollo: I'm so glad I'm not the only one with the sniffing addiction .. off now to find some crisp packets :p

yeah i've been having disturbing dreams too wasnt sure if it was diet or work stress but they are very random and not very cheery!!

i'm def obsessed with the sniffing thing and i also make my hubby tell me exactly how yummy his dinner is - i'm not exactly sure how this is meant to help me but somehow it does!!!!!

Oh Cherry Blossom I am just the same .. I still love looking and smelling food. I always asked the family what they are having, did they enjoy it :sigh: what are we doing to ourselves lol.

I am sticking with it Kelly, in fact I do feel a bit more positive today. Going to get weighed on Saturday morning, the scales don't seem to have moved much but hopefully they will show a couple of pounds at least .. fingers crossed.

I did SS last week and had terrfying vivid nightmares- wondered why? I've also got terribly depressed so unable to do it now. But never thought the nightmares were connected.

Back