Whats your food obsession since starting SW

stivesliz said:
Mine is swiss roll - the half syn 'cake' and Quark! I honestly use it in everything! Only trouble is that our local Tesco keeps running out :(

Stivesliz what does quark taste like? I keep seeing it but wouldn't know what to do with it!

Quark and natural yoghurt.

@Goody, it doesn't really taste of much, it just gives dishes that kind of creamy, dairy texture you need sometimes! I tend to use it most for macaroni cheese. (Basically boil macaroni, mix it with cheddar and quark, add something like cooked onions and cherry tomatoes, then stick it in the oven for half an hour for it to bake. Sometimes I also add wholemeal breadcrumbs to the top for some crunchy goodness!) It is better than natural yoghurt in some dishes because it doesn't separate when you heat it.

katieanna said:
Quark and natural yoghurt.

@Goody, it doesn't really taste of much, it just gives dishes that kind of creamy, dairy texture you need sometimes! I tend to use it most for macaroni cheese. (Basically boil macaroni, mix it with cheddar and quark, add something like cooked onions and cherry tomatoes, then stick it in the oven for half an hour for it to bake. Sometimes I also add wholemeal breadcrumbs to the top for some crunchy goodness!) It is better than natural yoghurt in some dishes because it doesn't separate when you heat it.

Kate, I haven't had macaroni cheese since my mom OD'd me on it when I became vegetarian because she didn't know what else to cook! :) But your version with the cherry tomatoes sounds amazing. I'm going to give it a go. Is quark free or HEA?

The new daim mikados are amazing, 0.5 syn each and they taste like little sticks of chocolate caramel shortbread mmmm..

Joanne24 said:
The new daim mikados are amazing, 0.5 syn each and they taste like little sticks of chocolate caramel shortbread mmmm..

Omg!!! I'm obsessed with mikados!! Can't believe there is a new Daim one! I'm so excited!!

Has to be pasta and cottage cheese i dont know why but it is i'm still waiting to get sick of it

I don't think I've got any obsessions just yet, although, I have been eating SO many potatoes compared to what I did before! Before I could give or take them but since starting SW, I panic if I haven't got any left in the house!! You can make SO many things with them! I'm the same with tinned tomatoes as well!

One thing I have been making a lot of is a SW Curry recipe that's completely syn free! Me and my finace love curry so it's perfect when we feel like something naughty - and it's completely free! :D yay haha x

Hot pasta with laughing cow stirred in and some garlic salt! Feels so naughty but completely free (with a HEA)

Slimming world quiche, i love it. I make it every week and have it for breakfast then lunch the next day. I bung in loads of veg and it becomes massive. I even made my partner the same version but used pastry for him, and he loves my normal fat full quiches, but he didnt know i never used any fat filling cheese lol

Mine has to be syn free chicken liver pate with 0.5 each melba toast. Gets me through many a snack attack!!!!!

Back