What's your group like?

Mamacandoit

I'm nosey!

whats your group like?
large? Small? Friendly? Fun? Cattle market?

I've just rejoined after a 7 year pause. The group I'm going to is currently smallish with about 15attendees but they said not so many people as usual are turning up bc of the festive season.
the group is friendly enough but nothing spectacular.
in an deal world I'd like a smaller group.
the group I went to 7 years ago got massive and I didn't enjoy it much.

I love my group. Usually there are about 20 regular members who stay for Image Therapy, though it has been smaller for the last couple of weeks because of Christmas. I think there are a fair few members who just weigh and go though.

They are a very funny, friendly bunch of people who don't take themselves too seriously. i have found them to be really supportive when things are not going too well. I have attended several different SW groups and the current group is the best by far. This week is our consultant's last week (he was originally a relief consultant but has been with us for over a year). Our new consultant is a target member in our group, so hopefully not too much will change.

I hear you on preferring a smaller group, but I think the problem is that small groups are not viable for the consultant, who needs a large group in order to make it worthwhile.

I really like my group. It is fairly big, with about 15 - 20 people who stay each week. I am not good in group situations at all, I usually avoid them. But, my consultant and group are all really supportive, and if you are having a rubbish week they will always offer help and advice.

I think the reason the group I go too is so good is thanks to my consultant. She obviously genuinely cares about her members, plus she has lost 8 stone with SW so she knows how we are feeling, and has experienced most of the same emotions we go through. She is also completely crackers, and she makes the group fun!

My group is good too :)
We have quite a few members, one weigh in 81 people came through the door!
but on average there is about 30 + that stay each week :)
Our consultant is lovely too, she is really quite funny, and we always have a laugh there :)
And there is also a lot of support from her and everyone if needed :)
And our consultant has lost over 8st herself too.
we also have a lot of members who have lost over 4st themselves

My group is tiny at the moment as it's not being promoted properly until we have a permanent consultant. The one we currently have is supposed to be temporary but she's taking charge of the group since before I started in September. But I love it tiny! We're never rushed for time, and it's just easy for everyone to add some useful info in when going through everyone's losses/gains. Typically, 7/8 people stay for the chat, though there were only 5 of us a couple of weeks ago.

Currently away from my proper group as I've come home for the Christmas season. It's nice but feel much more comfortable in my proper group! I speak to everyone in that, whereas atm, I only really speak to one friend who attends this group usually.

Back