For those that go to group - do you like your Consultant?

Clareel said:
She sounds like a right cow! That's the whole point of even having the term 'star week' so us ladies can talk about our reason for gaining. They'd hardly coin the term just so we could say "I'm on my star week but I know that doesn't affect weight loss anyway". Grr some consultants are just rude!

X

Totally agree, the girls who wi with me all took umbridge with her and she had to admit defeat, I treat her with the coldness she deserves, I wouldn't mind but she is quite curvy herself and must struggle too...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Never heard of "star week", I will have to mention it at my next meeting.

It's just a little term for time of the month, so we don't have to sit there and go 'well I've gained this week because I'm on my period' - just a bit more polite.

It's called star week because before the PDA and card system came out everything was on paper and if you said to the consultant that you had time of the month, they put a little star next to that week on your chart.

:)

Love mine ! she has herself lost 10 stone and always shares her weekly gains and losses with us. Gain, lose or sts, no judgement is passed just help and encouragement. She very cleverly "manages" the people who take up too much time without being dismissive (you're all nodding now because you have them in your group too, dont you?!!) I go to a morning group and would really miss it now if I stopped going

I adore my C. She's really approachable and supportive- and doesn't get sick of me sending panic texts all the time ;)

For me, the support from a good C is paramount. I need that to succeed. If I didn't gel with her, I would have gone to a different group ;)

I adore my C. She's really approachable and supportive- and doesn't get sick of me sending panic texts all the time ;)

For me, the support from a good C is paramount. I need that to succeed. If I didn't gel with her, I would have gone to a different group ;)

I think it's terrible when people just become consultants for the money instead of helping people. My last consultant was so rude to me it was unbelievable.

I'd had a gain that week and I was showing him my food diaries to see if he could see why.

Half way through showing him my diaries, he turned his back to me and started speaking to somebody else!!

I never went back to that group.

I love my new consultant, it makes such a big difference to how you get on.
I have been to classes on and off for years and didn't feel I got the support off the consultants, so I never stuck it out. The only time you heard from them was when you had left and they started sending out the cards for you to go back.
my new consultant gives out the weight losses, which I like, she texts regular, if you need to contact her you don't need to wait ages for a reply, very informative and she has been there and still doing it, having lost over 6stone herself, so she knows the pitfalls.

I didn't really like my last consultant. I've been ignored by her more than once. I waited quite a while to ask her a question one evening, granted she was talking to someone else (which is why I waited, like the polite person I am) but she didn't even acknowledge I was there. I didn't want her to stop talking to the other member, but a quick glance at me would have done.

She also spent ages talking to her favourites during Image Therapy and just skimming past everyone else, and used to bombard us with texts. All "useful" stuff like "Muller Light Yoghourts, 4 for 9p in Asda!" followed a few minutes later by "90p, not 9p" then almost immediately by "Tesco, not Asda". Used to drive me mad! I asked her to please not send me them anymore and she said "I didn't realise you'd left". I hadn't left! Well, not then I hadn't, but I did pretty sharpish after that! Starting a new group tomorrow, wish me luck ...

I really don't like mine at all. I don't know how she even made it to be a consultant, I have over heard her several times when talking to some of the other ladies how she has gained a stone and a half in the past few months and she doesn't seem bothered in the slightest - that's hardly a good role model is it?! She also complains at me because I don't stop for the meetings and told me I will lose much more weight if I stay. I get weighed at 6.30 and I have to be in work for 7.30 so I really don't have time to stop and she can't respect that and pretty much every week provokes me, I had a blip last week and gained a 1lb and she told me if I stopped that wouldn't of happened?! She really really gets on my nerves but I've paid for a 12 week countdown and unfortunately the next nearest meeting is at the opposite side of town and I really don't feel like going all that way, plus I am not sure if I will lose all my awards etc if I change group? I know everybody raves about this other group which really tempts me...

You wont lose anything by transferring group - you can go to any group at any time. They may ask you to fill out a new "member" form for the transfer to the new group but it wont affect your current record at all.

yes she is lovely bubbly funny and so helpful. shes a new consultant only just finished training and doing a brilliant job. shes very easy to talk to and us someone i could see as a friend too. she puts a lot of hard work and effort into her group and i always stay for image therapy as its like a social meeting so funny and we all help each other. i have had a few bad weeks and my consultant has given great advice and helped ne get back on track.

Back