Whats your motivation?

Well done on your achievements so far Steve. It really is fantastic that you've already come off insulin. I have my fingers crossed for the tablets too......

There is a health element in my motivation too (although it's less promiment than some of the other motivations). I'm starting to get to an age where it's difficult to deny that 'it'll be ok because I'm still young' because I'm no longer that young :( and it may well start to affect to my health So hopefully I won't get to that point !

So sorry to hear about your friends. I'm sure that you're already making them proud. I hope your best mate's operation goes well.

Gail x
Thanks Gail - so kind.

Everyone seems to encourage and it all means a lot. Not wanting to tempt fate but with this much support I can't fail!

Steve

Steve, I'm sure your friends would have already been proud of you, you're doing amazingly!! Hope your friends surgery is successful too.

To all the lovely ladies trying to conceive keep up the good work, I'm sure it will happen for you soon.

I also want to lose weight before having another baby, I want to be at target before we start trying again, hopefully within the next 18 months.

Good luck everyone xxx

You all have such great motivating reasons for loosing the weight.

Here's mine:

To not be fat and forty (21 months left to loose and kept it off)

To stay healthy - far too many family members are overweight and have been diagnosed with diabetes and high blood pressure.

To not be the fat belly dancer and have to listen to the "you have the belly for it" comments.

To control my ibs - I'm beginning to realise that not enough fibre and too much fat may be the cause and not wheat.

Some great motivational stories here. Good luck to all those trying for babies ;)

I started SW 7 months ago (not really believing that I could do it), with the aim of losing weight for my graduation. I knew that I would be having pics taken and I wanted to be proud of them and not think euuuugh. My parents only have a few pics of me, because for most of my life I have refused to have any taken and I knew it was an important day for them as well as me. I lost just under 4 stone in 6 months, and not only did I happily pose for the pics - I even wore a dress :eek:

I have another graduation next year (I know, I'm a graduation tart lol :cool:) and I aim to be at target for that :D

To be fit and healthy, I owe it to my body to look after it as best I can (after years of not doing so)...
To shop wherever and whenever I want...
To be lighter than my OH and for him to carry me over the threshold after we get married (at the min I'd be carrying him...)
To love my wedding pics...
To feel truly beautiful inside and out...

So many reasons... so that's why I do it! xxxx

Great thread! My main motivations are...

1. Health! i've already got artheritis in my hips and knees, and sometimes even going up/down the stairs can be so painful
  2. I want to be able to run around after/with my kids and not for them to be able to say, my mum never played with me cause she was too fat and couldnt keep up!
  3. I have never had a problem with confidence...apart from in the bedroom, ive only every let 1 bloke see me totally naked....and he cheated on me with a lass less then half my size then called me a fat ****....i never want to feel that way again!
  4. My bad habits are continuing with my 8 year old, he is a really big lad and i really dont want him to get bullied etc, so by me eatinging healthier, he also is and it is slowly coming off him too
  5. To be able to walk into a shop and buy something i really like and not just cause it fits
Thats my main reasons....my family are no support at all either, they are always compairing me to my sister who after 3 kids is a size 6/8 and always has been and she eats anything she likes. Even when introducing me as her daughter mum always feels the need to say, not a bit alike are they linz makes 3 of shell!....i want that to stop and the jokes like, blimey linz your top will wrap round shell 3 times...the only way it will stop is by been smaller! They are just too insensitive. Ive had more support of my ex and we have only been talking for 3 days then i have off any of my family!! lol

My reasons for loosing weight are pretty much the same as other people .....

I dont want to die early due to strain on my heart etc and leave my lovely children without a mum ... a bit morebid i know but i was getting bigger and bigger!!

I dont want to be fat and forty ... will be 38 in March ... I started SW in July and thought it would take me a few years to get all the weight off but I am going really well.

We go back to Florida in August and last time I wouldnt go on any water slides with the kids because i was too embarrassed really so this time I will be first in the queue !!! We also go on a cruise around the Bahamas from Florida so I dont want to be the fat woman sitting at the side of the pool looking like a beached whale, we are going to go snorkelling on one of the Islands and i dont want my huge bum sticking up out of the water (stupid i know but thats how i feel!!).

I want to be comfortable going on the plane and not having the armrests cutting into my legs and the table resting on my stomach!!

So all in all, its about the Florida holiday at the moment, I just want to have more fun with my lovely family x

My wedding dress! Thats tucked away at our house ready for next year. And to be able to have a hen do abroad and not feel ashamed of myself around a load of skinny minnies in bikinis!

x x

I want to feel my age coz at 26 I feel about 80!! And i want to enjoy the kids more, we went out on the sledge yesterday but getting back up the hill after each whizz down was really painful i kept thinking i was gonna stop breathing :cry:

Oh and i have never worn a bikini so hopefully summer 2011 i will be turning heads for the right reasons on the beach :p

Linzi C, I know exactly what you mean about playing with your Kids, my sister 3 stone bigger than me (and also doing sw) and has a little boy whos now 3 and shes always said mummy can't do that shes too fat etc, in the summer I was playing with him on the park and climbed up a climing frame pirate ship to get to him and he said "you can't come up here you're too fat aren't you" cheeky thing I could get to him but he's so used to his mummy not doing things like that that he said it and it was like a punch in the face hearing it from someone so young.

I also think the way your family make jokes about your weight and compare you to your sister is awful. Have you ever told them how it makes you feel? Maybe they think cos your confident that you can take it and don't have feelings. How horrible!! Your ex who cheated sounds like a right peice of work too. My now husband cheated on me years ago with someone half my size and its awful, I even thought to myself it wouldn't hurt so much if she was my size or bigger, but I guess it would have probably been just as bad, if he'd have called me names about my weight though he would not be walking now let me tell you. (I'm not violent btw) Good luck on your journey hunny. If your family can't be supportive then ignore them, get support from here, its brill. Keep up the good work xxx

Back