whatsthe longest time you have stayed on ss

charleypolequeen

Hi Guys
i am just wonderding has anyone stayed on ss longer than 3 months?? my cdc says you have to have a weeks break after 12 weeks which is ss+ and that includes 3 shakes and a meal

i not looking forward to that as i feel not ready to have that relationship with food till all my weight is lost, would be good to know if anyone has done ss longer than 3 months is it safe?

has anyone done this??

I am on my second/third week now so it will be interesting to see what the others say. I will need to take the break too at 12 weeks and it could be an interesting week. Then again perhaps eating a meal each week then going back to SS will make the week back feel like week one again which means a big WL. :woohoo

my understanding is that it isn't that you switch to SS+ for the week its that you actually need to come out of ketosis. By being on SS and a state of ketosis it puts a lot of strain on your liver and kidneys and its something to do with the way they deal with toxins etc as well.

I could be wrong but I have a feeling there are very VERY good medical reasons why you can only stay in ketosis for a max of 12 weeks and pushing it beyond that could be potentially taking serious risks with your health.

Don't know if someone else can clarify further but if it was me I wouldn't risk it - CD has been very carefully scientifically formulated and unless you follow it to the letter then clearly sticking to only 600 calories a day would not be medically safe. If they say take a break from ketosis then there is a reason for it.

I seem to remember that being told to me too Mifford. It's not worth the risk - you are doing this to lose weight for a healthier life so why jeopardise it! I was reluctant about my 810 week but turned out to be a god send to have a small meal each night and i still lost 6lbs that week. Helped me to realise that my attitudes to food were changing and i could cope with having a meal without binging. It really is worth doing.

Funnily enough im in my 13th week now :) so im on 810 this week and then back to SS next week. It is soo nice to be able to have a meal, and it doesnt make me wanting more which is good :) I think you'll really enjoy it hun xx

Last edited:
I'm going on my 18th week. Because I'm on the CD version USA, I have a meal every 6 weeks. So this week is gonna be my third time on add a meal week, plus the 3 shakes. The last time was hard, because at the half of the plate my stomach was full already. There u can see that ur stomach is gettin smaller, and ur appetite is not the same as before the diet. And that is a good thing, but is good to do it so u dont lose that main lean tissue.

Trust me, after 12 weeks ss'ing you'll be happy to eat something

Cd is designed very carefully. And must be followed to the letter

Good luck :D

my understanding is that it isn't that you switch to SS+ for the week its that you actually need to come out of ketosis. By being on SS and a state of ketosis it puts a lot of strain on your liver and kidneys and its something to do with the way they deal with toxins etc as well.

I could be wrong but I have a feeling there are very VERY good medical reasons why you can only stay in ketosis for a max of 12 weeks and pushing it beyond that could be potentially taking serious risks with your health.

Don't know if someone else can clarify further but if it was me I wouldn't risk it - CD has been very carefully scientifically formulated and unless you follow it to the letter then clearly sticking to only 600 calories a day would not be medically safe. If they say take a break from ketosis then there is a reason for it.

yes thats true done for a reason i just feeling i dont trust myself justyet as everything going sooo well

I'm going on my 18th week. Because I'm on the CD version USA, I have a meal every 6 weeks. So this week is gonna be my third time on add a meal week, plus the 3 shakes. The last time was hard, because at the half of the plate my stomach was full already. There u can see that ur stomach is gettin smaller, and ur appetite is not the same as before the diet. And that is a good thing, but is good to do it so u dont lose that main lean tissue.

great to know stomach will shrink !i really dont wanna go back to old habbits how much have you lost overall and how long has it taken you?

Just to clarify. If you have done 12 weeks of either SS or SS+ (or both), then week 13 is 810

It's not to bring you out of ketosis. In fact, many stay in ketosis on 810. Just not allowed to be a VLCD for more than 12 weeks so has to be raised to over 800.

It's a good plan and an excellent chance to practice eating some food and gaining some confidence along the way :)

Just to clarify. If you have done 12 weeks of either SS or SS+ (or both), then week 13 is 810

It's not to bring you out of ketosis. In fact, many stay in ketosis on 810. Just not allowed to be a VLCD for more than 12 weeks so has to be raised to over 800.

It's a good plan and an excellent chance to practice eating some food and gaining some confidence along the way :)

ok thats good to know i also thought once you do ss+ ...kicks you out of ketosis....i will look forward to week 12 and ss+

I've never known anyone get kicked out of ketosis on SS+. I guess it's possible, but I would imagine very, very rare.

For 810 you can get kicked out of ketosis, but the only concern is that you may be hungry. But.....even out of ketosis, most people aren't hungry because their body is used to less food, and the protein is higher which most find satisfying.

If anyone is hungry on 810 or think they have come out of ketosis and would rather not have ;) then picking the options of SS+ meal but at the 810 quantities should help ketosis to happen again.

So, leave off the diet drinks, chose the pure protein such as poultry/fish etc. Keep everything 810 though. Just chose with ketosis in mind

Remember though that ketosis doesn't have anything to do with weight loss (not directly anyway), so whether in ketosis or not shouldn't affect the weigh in :)

believe me after 10 to 12 weeks of ss you are totally ready for that move upwards.

lol....i know dont know why i am think about week 12 its only week 3 and today i feel a bit weird tired even :(

when I originally did CD 4 years ago, we used to have Add a meal week, after 4 weeks ss-ing you added a small no carb meal,but only for a week, and then back to ss-ing, it was great being able to have something to eat and if I remember correctly it seemed to kick start the metabolism, and weight loss that week was good as was the weeks after that, and I think it was good as it stopped you being quiet so fearful about eating, and loosing the plot, think you appreciated the food so much, you were just happy with what you had! lol x x x
Obviously things have changed a bit now, and I will get all the low down when I go to my new cdc on thursday!!:p

good luck on thursday will you be doing ss?

thanks honey!
I am not going to start till the 1 june, just because we are away for a much needed and long awaited long weekend away, so I am going to meet my new cdc on thurs and then I will have everything ready to start the following tuesday.
Yes I will be ss-ing! It worked so well before, so I have every faith that it will again.
Take care x x

good luck for thursday ...let us know how u get on :)

I think someone has already mentioned this but the last time i did CD we had to 'add a meal' after 4 weeks of SSing. I was worried about this at first but what i found was that my stomach had shrunk over the weeks and i felt full by the meal, sometimes it was hard to finish. I also found it easy to get back into SSing because its only a little break.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, when the time comes just make sure you're prepared with your choice of meal.

xx

hi guys adding a meal after 4 weeks sounds good my cdc wants me to wait till day 90 then add ameall week i look forward to this not missing food too much at the moment think its becaause weather is hot , thanks for advice.

Back