whay is it so hard to stay off the scales

The batteries in my scales ran out yesterday morning - just after I weighed myself. Hubby got back from a business trip and the first thing he did was run to the scales! I bought new batteries (those silly round flat ones) this morning, but they are the incorrect width.

AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!! I am going cold-turkey. I'm going to have to scour a few more supermarkets for the right sized batteries ... that should be good exercise.

The best thing is to stick to weighing yourself once a week at Weigh In only.
1) Because it should roughly be the same time of day and day of the week
2) Its gives you the motivation to keep going week on week
3) It stops you obessing about

I never weigh myself outside weigh in as a lil loss might make me start feeling too good and thats when the potential slip ups can start

I totally agree designerdiva and I was honestly hoping that after nearly 4 weeks of SS i wouldn't be bothered by weighing myself each day...alas no. So not the case. I have scales at work in Occ Healt and i go there every morning and weigh myself. Only respite is weekends when i'm not at work but Sunday is when i have my proper WI!!! which leaves only 1 day a week when i don't weigh myself grrrrr!

When on foundation and developers i weighed quite happily twice a week - once on the day of my LL weigh in (in the morning at home) and once midweek.

Since I've been on RTM I am obviously a little paranoid about putting all the weight back on (especially when I seem to be eating an awful lot now (in comparison to four foodpacks a day)) I am weighing every morning.

I decided as a long term plan to weigh twice a week and address anything more than 2 pound over my target (9st) immediately - but even though I'm currently nearly 7lbs UNDER target, I seem to have to keep reassuring myself.

I suppose that once RTM is over and I am eating normally to a routine again I will feel more confident not to weigh daily and will revert to my twice a week plan!

I have just bought new batteries - the right size this time - and the bl**dy scales are broken!

I am now a gibbering wreck ;)

Back