When cooking a Quiche

becciharland

I am fed up, because every time i cook a Quiche it doesnt look like Quiche it looks like stick together scrambled egg...... I thought that maybe the oven was too hot but ive lowered it to 180oc and still the same.... Please can i have a tip on how to stop this and make it look like a real quiche with a nice wobble centre :)

HI

I did 3eggs to 1 200g pot of cottage cheese and mix well ( I also drained some of the water out of the cheese) and sprinkled a bit of light cheddar on top

Good luck
Lyn

I generally use 3 eggs (well beaten to incorporate a bit of air) to one tub of cottage cheese and 56g of LF cheddar (2 x HexA cos I can eat it over 2 days) - I cram mine full of veggies that I've "fried" off first before I put everything into a big bowl and mix together, then pour it into a 7 or 8" square pyrex dish and top with sliced tomatoes. I bake on gas 4 (180) for 30-40 mins. Mine is always "set" and quite often it can be a little too well done but I don't mind this.

I have found that if I add a tub of quark to the mix I get a lovely cheesy flavour but the texture isn't the same - for want of a better word, I'd describe it as "bitty" in that it doesn't seem to bind together as good as it does when I don't add quark.

Cottage cheese and 3 eggs normally :)

When using Cottage cheese, I drain any surplus liquid off the top, and whisk with the eggs to get rid of most of the lumpy cheesy bits.
I also dry fry any other ingredients first, so that there is no extra juice.

auntynet said:
I generally use 3 eggs (well beaten to incorporate a bit of air) to one tub of cottage cheese and 56g of LF cheddar (2 x HexA cos I can eat it over 2 days) - I cram mine full of veggies that I've "fried" off first before I put everything into a big bowl and mix together, then pour it into a 7 or 8" square pyrex dish and top with sliced tomatoes. I bake on gas 4 (180) for 30-40 mins. Mine is always "set" and quite often it can be a little too well done but I don't mind this.

I have found that if I add a tub of quark to the mix I get a lovely cheesy flavour but the texture isn't the same - for want of a better word, I'd describe it as "bitty" in that it doesn't seem to bind together as good as it does when I don't add quark.

If ur using low-fat cheddar u can have 42g as a healthy extra. It's 28g if full fat. So think you might be having less than ur allowed :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back