When did you first see for yourself that you were losing weight?

Minty79

Hello peeps,

I was just wondering when you first caught a glimpse of yourself in the mirror and actually noticed you had lost some weight?
(I say glimpse cos if you're anything like me, i try to avoid full length mirrors at all cost - i have been doing my make-up in a hand held mirror for the past 10 years :giggle:)

I have been doing SS for just under 3 weeks and have lost 18lbs so far. My friends have been supportive and the other day one of them asked me how it was going and I told her that i'd lost 18lbs and I could see in her face 'Really?' lol. I'm sure it wasn't my imagination and to be honest I don't blame her cos I too was beginning to wonder where this supposed weight was coming off from lol.

But yesterday, in the toilets at work i caught a glimpse of myself and i noticed my "shrunken" size 24 jumper was now long enough again to cover all my stomach whereas before i was constantly pulling the front down in a vain attempt to hide that huge roll of flab that hangs there. :(

I guess i was just in denial at having gone up to a size 26. We were given an airtex t-shirt at work to wear. It's not compulsory but i constantly wear it because it's nice and long and disguises rolls well.

So how long did it take before you noticed in yourself that you had lost some weight? And how long did it take for you to drop a dress size? It's funny cos i don't want to stop wearing that t-shirt till i'm a size 20 when I really will look like i've lost some weight :D

xxxxx

Hi there,

I too avoid mirrors whenever I can :(
Biggest nightmare is using an elavator that has all mirrored walls...

Can't say say I've noticed losing weight yet, but wanted to say congrats on losing 18lbs in 3 weeks!

Can I ask you what "SS" means?
Thanks

Thank you for your support Carlins_leap

SS stands for sole source-I am doing the Cambridge Diet. I have 3 shakes a day with lots of water lol. I will do this for as long as I can then I plan to do SW or WW.

Are you following any plan in particular or are you calorie counting?

xxx

It's funny as I don't have a full mirror in my house I just have a bathroom mirror on the wall. I've lost nearly 3 stone and I went at the weekend to get a full length mirror and cannot bring myself to get one. Even though I can get into a size 12 now I still buy on line as I hate looking in mirrors in shops. I always think they will watch on the CCTV later and have a good laugh :-(

Even though I can get into a size 12 now I still buy on line as I hate looking in mirrors in shops.

Really?? Ah bless ya!! Well done for getting to a size 12 tho :patback: I don't think i've been that size since i was 12! lol

Why do you think that is? Is it because your brain has not caught up with your body?

xxx

Hi

I totally relate to the mirrors, its even in my goal details on the left hand side :D

I don't have a full length one, i use a hand held for teeth, hair and make up :rolleyes: and never glance at my reflection in shop windows, BUT a mirror was the cause of me changing my whole lifestyle in feb this year, If you look at my first page on my diary, you'll understand!

Anyway, I have now lost 3 stone, but honestly its only NOW that i can see it, as I have a lot to lose!!! I did sort of see it in my face and hands :eek: in the early days, but can now feel it in my clothes and there is definately a bit more room in the bath these days :rolleyes:

A stone usually means a dress size drop for me, I'll be glad to finally get rid of tent like clothing at long last one day..I'm in it for the long haul.

well done on your weight loss so far, you are doing great!

I look forward to chatting with you more, keep posting :)

Hi

I totally relate to the mirrors, its even in my goal details on the left hand side :D

I don't have a full length one, i use a hand held for teeth, hair and make up :rolleyes: and never glance at my reflection in shop windows, BUT a mirror was the cause of me changing my whole lifestyle in feb this year, If you look at my first page on my diary, you'll understand!

Anyway, I have now lost 3 stone, but honestly its only NOW that i can see it, as I have a lot to lose!!! I did sort of see it in my face and hands :eek: in the early days, but can now feel it in my clothes and there is definately a bit more room in the bath these days :rolleyes:

A stone usually means a dress size drop for me, I'll be glad to finally get rid of tent like clothing at long last one day..I'm in it for the long haul.

well done on your weight loss so far, you are doing great!

I look forward to chatting with you more, keep posting :)

Thank you for your support RainbowRose.

Congratulations on your 3 stone loss - that's great! :clap:

I too can't wait to get rid of these tentlike clothes. The choice is not the greatest and they can be so damn expensive!

I don't want to buy any new clothes till i'm at least a size 20, so i've still got a couple of sizes to go - but i know i'll get there! :D

xxx

You will!!!!

hang on in there, keep posting and chatting on here, the days and weeks fly past and you'll be disappearing before our eyes :)

I'm looking forward to choosing a fitted outfit one day and something other than BLACK! :)

Have a good evening, stay focused!

Thank you chick.

My internet has been cut off :( My flatmate hasn't paid the bills unbeknowst to me so at the mo i'm using it at parents - but i'm gonna feel a little lost when i get home. I'm so used to coming home, tucking myself up in bed early and spending a couple of hours reading and posting on this site. Keeps me from thinking about food :)

Oh well, perhaps if i can get to sleep i can wake early to go for a swim before i go to work.

Fingers crossed our internet gets sorted soon so I can start properly posting again! :)

xxx

Thank you RainbowRose. I can't wait to be reconnected! I had a really hard day yesterday (even tho all was good in life) and was so close to buying a take-away. But i kept thinking a few things to myself 1) i wouldn't be able to put my name down on the 50 Day Challenge in the CD section and 2) i kept remembering a fellow minimins signature which is along the lines of 'if hunger isn't the problem, then food isn't the solution' It did get me questioning myself why i turn to food to comfort me - wish i could be one of those people that goes for a jog instead lol.

Anyway, i was good and had my first gym session today - nothing major, just 20 mins on the bike and i was able to burn 138 Cals just as the beeper went off so i was like 'yaay, that's one shake burnt off' lol.

I also did used a machine to exercise the arm muscles - i'm desperate to tone up my arms and back. I think i will alternate the pool with the gym, just hope i keep it up!

Today there was a food festival here - i must admit i have stayed indoors feeling incredibly sorry for myself that i couldn't join in the festivities - seems like the whole town went! Guess i'm just feeling a little stir crazy since i've not been out for several weeks now :( Still - it''ll be worth it in the end..... (as long i don't actually say out loud that i may well be on this till xmas and beyond - if i can miracuosly stick with it ;) )

xxx

Back