When did you start to feel different?

Principessa N

Minimins Addict
How much did you lose before you started feeling different? and before other people started to notice? TBH i don't see many people and those i do see no i'm dieting for the wedding so always say i've lost weight but i think they're just saying that because they no i'm dieting (does that make sense) The only difference is i can do 2 and half minutes on a crosstrainer now when 2 weeks ago i could only do 1 min,
I really wish you could say to the diet god, right i'm going to diet make me a size 10 and i'll do the diet and pay off the weight loss. Ok rambling now but would be interested to no

Well I visited family at Christmas who hadn't seen me since July. I'd lost 2 and a half stone and no one said a word!! They know I'm doing SW and how much I've lost, but not one comment :( I was gutted. The odd thing is, the people who I see on a more regular basis have commented, particularly about weight going from my face and neck area, but I have so much to lose that I think it may be another couple of stone till it's really noticable. That said.. hubby commented last week that he's really starting to see a difference now.. this is Mr Notice Nothing! So, I guess if he's noticed, there must be a difference LOL

Lol...Hubby comments on me all the time, especially bum and thigh areas! (definitely the areas that I need to loose weight from!).
Family commented around the 2 stone mark as I loose from face and neck first too.

I'm only on my 3rd week but I feel different already. It's not that I suddenly feel slim, but I'm much less bloated. Granted I don't have that much to lose but it does still feel like I have a bloody mountain to climb! But hopefully, by the time I reach target people will notice.

Thanks for the replies, i guess being over 20stone, the first couple won't show so much! Hopefully when all my clothes are too big i'll start to feel it. I think with this much weight to lose the first one is the easiest, its all others and sticking to it thats hard,

Nilo,

I started at 21.7 stone and even though I weigh 16.7 stone now I dont feel any different!...ok, I have a bit more energy, but I dont feel any different from the start!
The only thing that keeps me going is that I can see my clothes sliding off me (literally!) and the comments that I get now and again from people that I work with.

I weighed in at 1/2 a pound under 20 stone when I first joined class. It seemed like such a big number :(

I am starting to notice my clothes getting too big now. Things are starting to hang off me and it's not going to be long before they are going to look stupid because they're big.

I'll tell you what I've noticed myself though, is that I can now see lumpy bits that I didn't know I had.. LOL. This is because I've lost a lot of the fat that was on top of these lumpy bits, but I am getting some sort of shape back

I've lost weight a few times with SW, up to 4 and a half stone to get to my target previously, never been bigger than a size 16 tho as I can hide my weight well with being tall.

However, whatever weight I am, I tend to need to lose about 2st before I really notice the difference and for others to notice, I think that's because I need to lose 2st before I even go down a dress size which is frustrating to say the least!, at 14st 4lbs (when I started 3 weeks ago) I was a size 14, I'll be stuck in a 14 until I get down to 12st

I always used to hanker after comments and felt upset when I'd worked so hard to lose the weight and people didn't notice but this time its different, to be honest I don't care if people notice or not as I really aren't interested in approval from others and I'm doing this for me and to feel good about myself, I don't need others comments for that, just buying smaller clothes will be a big enough bonus for me

people noticed when i had lost over 2 st.........i was well over 19st when i start and i was about 17st when my friends started to comment..........now they say nowt cos its been ages since i started sw and i no longer mention it cos i don't want to become a diet bore...

I felt better in energy terms almost from the word go, but in terms of seeing/feeling a difference ... probably only in the last couple of weeks (I'm two and half months in). I suddenly noticed that my boobs don't seem as massive as they used to! :D And I've had to buy a new skirt for work, two sizes down. If I put any of my old ones on now they just slide right down to my ankles. :D

Nobody has noticed I've lost weight and I'm hoping to get my 2.5 stone sticker tomorrow. I noticed the difference very quickly though. Just before I started I had begun to get pains in my knees. Within 2 weeks (8lb loss) the pain had gone. I know I've got a skirt I couldn't get in to when I started and is now getting slightly big so I'm happy with that :)

i have to agree with Mrs V about not feeling any different, i still see the same person in the mirror although my clothes tell me different and im starting to get some shape.

Annie my lumpy bits are becoming less lumpy - i got really worried the other day when i felt a lump just above my waistline......its been so long since i had ribs!!!

Ive been on the plan for 2 weeks but my tummy is less bloated and has slimmed down a bit. But normally takes 2 stone before i feel slimmer and drop a dress size on my lower half.

Back