When did YOU start to notice a difference?

Ryan91

Basically as the title suggests, how much weight did you lose before you started to notice a difference?
I've lost 16lbs so far and have yet to notice any difference.

I'd say 2-3 stone, that's certainly when other people started to notice with me. But I'm sure you can feel it in yourself after 16lbs, can't you? xx

I can certainly feel it ; clothes feel a little more looser than they did before, but in terms of seeing it visually, nope.

Yes, I do think that takes a bit longer, but you'll get there! I've lost over 6.5 stone now, and do feel a lot different. xx

It's usually takes me a while before I can see a difference too - which can be disheartening !! I think it's best to use clothes as a guide as sometimes what we see in the mirror doesn't reflect the truth :/ x

Interested to see this, since my 20's (40 years ago) I've been up and down, but realise that I've always looked with critical eyes (it's not enough, it's not fast enough, it's off the wrong places, etc etc) This time I REALLY look at myself in the mirror, without criticism, just watching every bit of flesh, overhang and all. I intend to see every IMPROVEMENT, whether it's looser rings, the midriff bulge starting lower down, the stomach overhang being slightly less. I hug every tiny improvement to myself, including needing to tuck my top into my skirt to stop it slipping round, buying a pair of 16 jeans, Large Tights instead of Extra Large, one-size-fits-all here we come. Doing a waistband up easily where it was a struggle, the next notch on a belt, the tightest row on the bra. Looking down and realising that you no longer 'fill' your cup size. Our lift broke down recently. finding I could get to the 4th floor before I had to rest when it used to be the third. Look for all the good bits - however small.

I know people saw it about 2-3 stone but I don't think I saw it in the mirror (with clothing on) after about 4 stone plus. I really saw it after 8 st gone. I am now 9lbs away from losing 10st. I don't even look the same. Though when I stand naked in front of my full length mirror I still see that 10st on me. It is said it takes awhile for your mind to catch up.

Interested to see this, since my 20's (40 years ago) I've been up and down, but realise that I've always looked with critical eyes (it's not enough, it's not fast enough, it's off the wrong places, etc etc) This time I REALLY look at myself in the mirror, without criticism, just watching every bit of flesh, overhang and all. I intend to see every IMPROVEMENT, whether it's looser rings, the midriff bulge starting lower down, the stomach overhang being slightly less. I hug every tiny improvement to myself, including needing to tuck my top into my skirt to stop it slipping round, buying a pair of 16 jeans, Large Tights instead of Extra Large, one-size-fits-all here we come. Doing a waistband up easily where it was a struggle, the next notch on a belt, the tightest row on the bra. Looking down and realising that you no longer 'fill' your cup size. Our lift broke down recently. finding I could get to the 4th floor before I had to rest when it used to be the third. Look for all the good bits - however small.
That's actually a really good perspective to have on things! Must have felt really great having reached the 4th floor - shows how far you've came eh :)

I know people saw it about 2-3 stone but I don't think I saw it in the mirror (with clothing on) after about 4 stone plus. I really saw it after 8 st gone. I am now 9lbs away from losing 10st. I don't even look the same. Though when I stand naked in front of my full length mirror I still see that 10st on me. It is said it takes awhile for your mind to catch up.

Well done on your fantastic weight loss btw!

You're doing really well. Try picking up bottles of water weighing 1st 4lbs and imagine that as fat. You've got rid of all that and you're on your way to a healthier and thinner you. Well done!

It is said it takes awhile for your mind to catch up.

Definitely agree with this. I've lost 1st 7lbs, and although I know there's a big difference as I'm down from size 16 jeans to size 12 I don't actually see a difference when I look in the mirror.

With me it was around 20lbs. I think a lot of it also depend on how much you weigh to start with.

A person weighing 20 stone and a person weighing 10 stone are going to look different when losing 1 stone. You may not necessarily notice it with the 20 stone person but will almost certainly notice it with the 10 stone person. However, in reverse, the 10 stone person will (in theory) have to work harder and longer to lose that stone than the 20 stone person.

I visually noticed very little difference myself - even after two stones - but others have pointed out that I look slimmer. However I could see the difference by how my cloth fit after one stone. Now it's a huge difference.

I feel the difference only now in my clothes, but I did notice my bra's were to big quite early on and I started to feel bones that I hadn't before. Now I have gone from size 18 to size 14, if I look in the mirror I can't quite image where it has come from. Still got some months to go but do feel better about myself. I have nearly lost 3st, the weight of my four year son : )

Start weight: 15st9lb
Current weight:12st 13 lb
Goal weight: 10st 6 lb (I think)

Basically as the title suggests, how much weight did you lose before you started to notice a difference?
I've lost 16lbs so far and have yet to notice any difference.

I lost over 5 stone and started to feel a difference after i'd lost 2 stone, by the time I got to 3, everyone else was really noticing too. Cant wait to get that feeling back again.

:)

Back