Total Solution When did you start to 'see' the difference

Hi all received my food packs today so am starting tomorrow eek! So excited, I know everyone loses quite alot the first few week but when did you really start to see the difference?

I started to feel a difference in clothes within the first week or so. I personally saw a difference at about 1.5 stone but it was about 2.5 stone before I had any comments.

It does depend on your start weight though.

Hi Teepee. I started five weeks ago at 238lbs and I am 5'5. I had my first comments from my husband within a week but it has taken a loss of one and a half stone before I had a comment from anyone else. At least three people have commented on how well I am looking this week!!

What meant the most to me was how well I felt in my body - almost instantly I lost the bloated look and feeling. My skin is better, my eyes brighter and I feel at peace inside in a way I havent in ages - there really is no down side to dieting!

Belle

I think it was when i had lost 3 stone but when i had lost over 5 they thought i had a serious health problem as i worked in Morrisons and i saw people every week comming through my checkout they noticed and started to ask questions like "are you ok" lol made me smile.

Jaqui.x

It does depend on your starting weight, a lot. I'd say that roughly speaking it takes about 5% of your starting weight for you to see a difference and at least 10% before anyone else will start noticing.

I've lost nearly 3st, and I've noticed a difference in some of my clothes, but other people haven't really noticed. In saying that, I have lots to lose, so not suprised that its not that noticeable yet..... :)

First time when I lost about 1.5 stones I dropped a dress size.
Everyone noticed.

This time i've lost a stone so far (same stone I've lost 4 times now :( )and I can fit into my tighter clothes better but apart from my belly you can't really tell that much.

First 1.5 stones was round about 10% of my weight.
This last 1 stone is over 10% my body weight.

Hope everyone can notice the next half a stone. :D

steeleee said:
I've lost nearly 3st, and I've noticed a difference in some of my clothes, but other people haven't really noticed. In saying that, I have lots to lose, so not suprised that its not that noticeable yet..... :)

Have you bought any smaller clothes yet? I didn't want to because I wanted to lose more but I had to buy some cheap clothes for work as my trousers kept falling down! When I started wearing smaller clothes that fit, people started noticing. I think if you're still wearing bigger clothes it'll make you look bigger. However, completely understand the reluctance to fork out when you want to get smaller! But I have to say, now that I'm wearing some properly fitting clothes I'm getting lots of compliments and that gives me the motivation to continue!

I havent yet to be fair, but 99.9% of my clothes are elasticated so not likely to notice for a while yet as far as clothes go.... I noticed just now though when I looked in the mirror, that I actually have a little bit of neck lol it was hidden by a 3rd or 4th chin before! hahaha :D

Last time round (lipotrim, how did I stomach such horrible FR for so long?!) my close fiends noticed within about 3 weeks when I'd lost around a stone, moved down a dress size and looked healthier. Girls at work commented after 2 stone, blokes after 3.

I reckon it will take a couple of stone off to make any noticeable difference to anyone but me, as I've been floating around a range of about a stone for the last year or so anyway and rarely see my close friends so they won't notice there's any difference until I'm a good bit thinner. I will know about it though, as I delve through my boxes of old clothes looking for stuff in every size as I slim back down - I currently only have my fat clothes in the wardrobe as I've just moved house.

Matalan is my saviour - £10 for a pair of jeans. I don't worry about baggy tops.

Last time it was when I had lost 20lbs, but I had started at 13st 2lbs not 14st so this time I think it will take until I have lost 32lbs as 11st 10lbs seems to be my magic number that people suddenly go oh...shes lost weight! I cant wait to get there again as the compliments really do help you to do well....unfortunately I got lazy and now am bigger than ever before :(

Back