When do you think its time to leave the group??

Hi - Just wanting to know, once your at target do you still attend WI regularly?? I am thinking that as I am at target I need to learn to keep myself at a steady weight & not rely on going to class to be weighed.

I took target a few weeks back & not had any issues other than I have lost the allowed 3lb's to keep me in target. I took target at 10st 3.5 & am currently 10ish, so I know i am now out of target. I wanted to change my target to 10 stone but you can only change it by 1/2 stone & TBH I feel that's quite a difference. I like the idea of 10 & the lee-weigh of that 3lbs either side.

Anyway - I am thinking that I will now knock the class on the head so to speak & just monitor my weight at home with my home scales. At the end of the day I can't be going to class to be weighed forever to make sure I can keep my weight steady!!

Do any other target members do this or do you still attend group??

i was wondering if you want to leave do u have to tell them, due to having to pay for classes u missed>, dont want to leave yet just wondering

I go every week :) I hit target in April and have only missed the week I went on holiday in the whole time I've been a member. It's my social life (I'm very sad!), so I enjoy going, chatting with the others etc. There's no reason why you couldn't go forever, if you enjoy going - at least it's free while you're at target. If you don't actually enjoy it, then stop going. I know if I did that, however, the weight is sure to creep back on...

My mums friend who is at target goes to class once a month, it keep her on track :)

Im not at target yet but I dont intend to stop going when I hit it. Left to my own devices I would find it way to easy to bounce back a few pounds. I need to be aware of what I eat and maintain my weight, and the best way to do it is to keep going. And if its free, thats a bonus!

We have 4 target ladies who come every week. You can go as often or as little as you like, you only pay if you more than 3lbs eitehr side of your target.

I stopped going after getting to target (didn't intend to stop but my boss had me staying late at work on wi night) I maintained for a few weeks then gained a little then had to skip a few more and gained a little more. I have learned my lesson and have told my boss no more late wednesdays !! I am back in group every week and intend to stay there !! Should be back within my target range this week or next and want this time to see if i can drop to the bottom of my range. I need my group.

I hit target in May & still go to class, one because I enjoy it & I've made lots of new friends & another it does keep me on track. I do agree, I can't keep going for ever. But since starting last year I have seen a fair few hit target only to return some time later trying to get back to target, that's not going to happen to me:D

i hit target august 09 and go every week and always intend to. i like to help others and although i could do it alone why would i give up free support? plus they were there through my entire weightloss journey so it feels like home.

atulations on hitting target xxxxxxxxx
congrr

A woman at our class has been at target for 4 years now and never misses a week. I think I'll do the same when I eventually get there, I need the group support and I'm also getting to know people there, will be good for me socially I think :)

congratulations!

I go to get weighed every week and if I have to go every week for the rest of my life I will go.
I've been at target before, stopped going to class and eventually put it back on.
Wear heavier clothes to WI to keep you in target if that's the issue, it's only 0.5 of a pound.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I think I will attempt at managing it for myself, like I said personlly for me, going to be weighed everyweek for the rest of my life is definatly not what I want to do. I want to be able to manage it for myself.

I will probably go say once a month or something to keep on top, but I guess we'll see.

I need to learn to keep myself at a steady weight & not rely on going to class to be weighed.
I undestand what you are saying, but going to class works for you so why try and fix something that isn't broken?

Yes, in an ideal world none of us would need weigh ins, or websites, or consultants or even diets, but unfortunately we do.

We have all found a way that works for us. I do on-line- others don't like it but it works for me, other find class works for them, others much prefer to go alone. You have found 'your' way and been a success with that choice- I wouldn't want to rock the boat by trying a new way, so I really think you should stick to class.

Going to class once a week is a small price to pay for eternal maintenance, confidence, success and a longer life in general

xxxx

I undestand what you are saying, but going to class works for you so why try and fix something that isn't broken?

Yes, in an ideal world none of us would need weigh ins, or websites, or consultants or even diets, but unfortunately we do.

We have all found a way that works for us. I do on-line- others don't like it but it works for me, other find class works for them, others much prefer to go alone. You have found 'your' way and been a success with that choice- I wouldn't want to rock the boat by trying a new way, so I really think you should stick to class.

Going to class once a week is a small price to pay for eternal maintenance, confidence, success and a longer life in general

xxxx

Yeah I see what your saying CP - I am already abit stuck as if I don't go to class I don't get the password & I use the on-line bit a fair amount.

I don't know - I'll def get there once a month, maybe go each fortnight. Its been much easier this last couple of weeks not going as I have two small children who are in bed by the time I get home from group. I like to be here for bath/bed time & I have been able to. Also hubby isn't having to finish work earlier so I can get to class.

Like I said, I will prob go at leat once a month, but do also feel that this has been a lifestyle change, I honestly can't see my "new" eating habits changing drastically so I gain the lost weight back. Having lost 4 stone, no way is that coming back!!

Back