When i look in the mirror.......

MinzieMoo

I see a completely different person to who I am. I still think I'm 9 stone and sometimes when I see photos or catch my reflection I'm shocked at how big Iv got.
Does anyone else feel like that ?
I'm in my late 20's yet I feel like a middle aged frump :(

I

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yes. I've lost nearly 2st and sometimes I have to put on my "big" clothes to remind me that I've lost. Now that I have clothes that fit properly again I find it hard to measure it and can't trust what I see in the mirror. Don't worry too much it's quite common and it takes a while for your head to catch up. There are some other older threads about this you might want to search them out.

Yep. I deluded myself for ages as to the size i had gotten. I've had to pick out some "before" photos for group this evening (for tomorrow morning) and now I really do see how big I got. The thing is I'm now smaller, and you will get smaller too, and when you catch yourself in the mirror you will see that 9 stone girl again and.she'll be smiling back at you.

The best thing. Today my mother said "i think you will need a smaller size" when I picked something up. Here's to many more of those moments for all of us.

It works the other way too, i look in the mirror and see the person i used to be at 21 stone...

It has taken me a long time to stop seeing the 20+ stone person I was, and even though I know that I am a lot different, I am still pleasantly surprised when I do see photos of me now

It works both ways for me-when I was 20+ stone I used to see a 16st person looking back at me and I still see that person even though I'm 3 st lighter than that x

Thanks for all the motivating comments :) on week 2 & it's just dragging

gazter said:
Soon as you hit that club 10 you'll be getting compliments left right and centre though.

Tis true. I only started getting comments when I got to three stone lost. And it's always harder to tell how much you've lost yourself because you see yourself in the mirror every day! Don't lose heart :)

I feel it in my clothes and people do comment, but when I look in the mirror I can't see any change at all :(

People always tell me how well I've done-how I'm an inspiration and how they don't recognise me anymore-I just put my head down,smile and keep walking. Then I take a picture:

Attachments

• image-1369926957.jpg
    image-1369926957.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 66
  • image-1440840347.jpg
    image-1440840347.jpg
    345.3 KB · Views: 69
People always tell me how well I've done-how I'm an inspiration and how they don't recognise me anymore-I just put my head down,smile and keep walking. Then I take a picture:

You look much less than 30 bmi. Are your figures right?

Back