When in the day do you exercise?

Mrscush

Woman on a mission!
Morning all

I tend to be a before work (when i can get my lazy butt out of bed!) gym person, getting it done and out of the way. But recently I am not sleeping great, so come the morning I am not very keep on getting up!

So I am thinking of changing the routine a bit and perhaps going much later in the evenings, as A - I seem to be awake, and B - my OH goes to bed early as gets up at 5:30, so I am usually on my own at that time anyway!

Just wanted to hear from people who do that, or who fit in the gym etc thru the day. My old workplace had a gym on site and so I used to go at lunch. God I miss that! But my gym is near my house (and cant afford to join one near work too) so I have to make do with morning or eve.

This is what a typical day would look like for me:

6:00 -gym
8:30 - arrive work, brekkie
12:30 - lunch
5:30 - get in from work, pack lunch for the next day and get started on dinner
7:30 (ish) dinner
10 - 10:30 bedtime!

If i go after work to gym (before dinner) then I get up at 7, hit the gym for 5:30.

My thoughts for a new routine would be to try to have dinner for 6:30 - 7:00 and then go to the gym for say 9pm??

Thanks in advance xx

Last edited:
If you get home around 5.30 and you say the gym is near where you live, then personally, I would go straight after work, as I think you'll struggle going out again after dinner. Especially in winter, when it's cosy at home and cold and dark outside. Of course that probably means dinner will be a bit later, which might not suit OH if he has to get up very early.

I've tried and tried to get up early, but it just isn't happening.

I work from home and used to get the Wii Fit out and do aerobics whilst taking calls and things but work is so busy lately that I don't even have the time for that now.

So my routine has now changed and when I finish for the day, I put the dinner on. Then OH gets home and we have time together. I sometimes don't get round to exercise until around 10pm!

I'm hoping things will become less busy soon so that I can do it earlier.

Hey,
I tend to get in from work, get changed and IMMEDIATELY get into the exercise bike. I know if I sat my lardy ass down and picked up the guitar, or started to watch TV then I would never bother to do it. Also that early evening (about 6-7) work out gives me a second wind to do stuff like the housework etc. So i'm defo an afterwork kinda guy... Getting straight up to that? No thanking you kindly. =P

I am another one who needs to do it straight away before excuses can be made. I have been doing the 30 day shred 5 days a week for the last month and have either got up at 5:45am to do it at 6am before work or immediately upon getting in from work at 4pm. I did manage to do it on Monday at about 8pm when husband was out but once I am in and have had tea I feel far too contented and floppy to start exercising.

I like the smug feeling you get wandering around all day when you have exercised before work but sometimes that extra half an hour in bed just gets the better of me.

Back