when is the first add a meal week?

Lisav

I am on my third week of SS going into my fourth week tomorrow. Is the next week due to be my add a meal week? I wasnt sure from what my cc said?

I have lost eleven pounds from the first two weigh ins and have another weigh in tonight, but its totm and i am only expecting a pound or so from the scales :sigh:

Does anyone know? Ta

You have to do 810 on week 13 if you are strictly SSing or SS+ing. You can do it any time before that though instead.

Hey,

Can someone please tell me why you add a meal or up your calories? Is it to kick start your metabolism? And do you lose less on those weeks than doing SS?

x

Can someone please tell me why you add a meal or up your calories? Is it to kick start your metabolism? And do you lose less on those weeks than doing SS?

I think it's to stop your body going into starvation mode or something; well it's what I read on an old post :)

Personally, I don't quite go with the starvation mode thing but there are a number of other reasons.

The N.I.C.E. guidelines which Cambridge follow (as all VLCDs should follow) suggest you don't do a VLCD for more than 12 weeks. I think that is because they aren't 100% sure how safe it is, and to be on the safe side....blah blah.

Another reason is that it will give your metabolism a little boost.

Also will help people from becoming afraid of food, which can easily happen when you just do the shakes for a period of time.

My cdc said I wont be on add a meal for a while yet! I lost three pounds this week which i'm thrilled with as its my totm and I was only expecting a pound! I also got my waist measured and had lost five inches, all in three weeks!

I dont think you HAVE to do AAM, I certainly dont intend to, but you cant SS for more than 12 wseeks, I guess it depends how much you have to lose.

Back