when is the first add a meal week?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by Lisav, 10 February 2009 Social URL.

1. Lisav

Lisav Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    I am on my third week of SS going into my fourth week tomorrow. Is the next week due to be my add a meal week? I wasnt sure from what my cc said?

I have lost eleven pounds from the first two weigh ins and have another weigh in tonight, but its totm and i am only expecting a pound or so from the scales :sigh:

Does anyone know? Ta

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lisa-Lashes

Lisa-Lashes Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(16.97%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I have just done the AAM week in the fifth week so after I did 4 full weeks of sole source - It's a great goal to get to you really feel like you've earned it!!

good luck

4. woof

woof Alway see the love x

Added a meal after my 3rd weigh-in

Woofy X

5. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    You have to do 810 on week 13 if you are strictly SSing or SS+ing. You can do it any time before that though instead.

6. crazylilblondie

crazylilblondie Pizza addict

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(7.18%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hey,

Can someone please tell me why you add a meal or up your calories? Is it to kick start your metabolism? And do you lose less on those weeks than doing SS?

x

7. Forest290

Forest290 Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I think it's to stop your body going into starvation mode or something; well it's what I read on an old post :)

8. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Personally, I don't quite go with the starvation mode thing but there are a number of other reasons.

The N.I.C.E. guidelines which Cambridge follow (as all VLCDs should follow) suggest you don't do a VLCD for more than 12 weeks. I think that is because they aren't 100% sure how safe it is, and to be on the safe side....blah blah.

Another reason is that it will give your metabolism a little boost.

Also will help people from becoming afraid of food, which can easily happen when you just do the shakes for a period of time.

9. Lisav

Lisav Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    My cdc said I wont be on add a meal for a while yet! I lost three pounds this week which i'm thrilled with as its my totm and I was only expecting a pound! I also got my waist measured and had lost five inches, all in three weeks!

10. sammylammy

sammylammy Trying Harder

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.6%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I dont think you HAVE to do AAM, I certainly dont intend to, but you cant SS for more than 12 wseeks, I guess it depends how much you have to lose.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.