Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

when is the first add a meal week?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by Lisav, 10 February 2009 Social URL.

1. Lisav

Lisav Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    I am on my third week of SS going into my fourth week tomorrow. Is the next week due to be my add a meal week? I wasnt sure from what my cc said?

I have lost eleven pounds from the first two weigh ins and have another weigh in tonight, but its totm and i am only expecting a pound or so from the scales :sigh:

Does anyone know? Ta

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lisa-Lashes

Lisa-Lashes Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(16.97%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I have just done the AAM week in the fifth week so after I did 4 full weeks of sole source - It's a great goal to get to you really feel like you've earned it!!

good luck

4. woof

woof Alway see the love x

Added a meal after my 3rd weigh-in

Woofy X

5. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    You have to do 810 on week 13 if you are strictly SSing or SS+ing. You can do it any time before that though instead.

6. crazylilblondie

crazylilblondie Pizza addict

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(7.18%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hey,

Can someone please tell me why you add a meal or up your calories? Is it to kick start your metabolism? And do you lose less on those weeks than doing SS?

x

7. Forest290

Forest290 Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I think it's to stop your body going into starvation mode or something; well it's what I read on an old post :)

8. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Personally, I don't quite go with the starvation mode thing but there are a number of other reasons.

The N.I.C.E. guidelines which Cambridge follow (as all VLCDs should follow) suggest you don't do a VLCD for more than 12 weeks. I think that is because they aren't 100% sure how safe it is, and to be on the safe side....blah blah.

Another reason is that it will give your metabolism a little boost.

Also will help people from becoming afraid of food, which can easily happen when you just do the shakes for a period of time.

9. Lisav

Lisav Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    My cdc said I wont be on add a meal for a while yet! I lost three pounds this week which i'm thrilled with as its my totm and I was only expecting a pound! I also got my waist measured and had lost five inches, all in three weeks!

10. sammylammy

sammylammy Trying Harder

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.6%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I dont think you HAVE to do AAM, I certainly dont intend to, but you cant SS for more than 12 wseeks, I guess it depends how much you have to lose.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.