When someone else cooks...

Stackhead

Slow and steady...
Since I started slimming world I have cooked for the family every night. Today however, I planned for a roast dinner, needing to do some work I asked my Dad if he would cook it for me (which he was more than happy to do).

But when I was sat listening to it being dished up I had a massive feeling of anxiety. What if he put butter in the potatoes?! Or used oil when prepping the meat?! Or god forbid put more than I'd allowed for syns worth of gravy on the plate???

So, am I a control freak who needs to calm down a little? Or does anyone else worry about this when someone else does the cooking?

xx

Yeah it is hard when others cook as sw is easy when you know how but when you don't its easily messed up to! Not very reassuring I know sorry but just have to try ad enjoy it I suppose I've had hubby do a bolognese with not 1 but " jars of Lloyd grossman sauces, my mum look up slimming world recipes but just add a couple of glasses of wine to the casserole etc etc but have done alright on it overall so can't really complain ;) Hope you enjoyed your meal despite the anxiety! x

My hubby cooks most Sundays and I simply flexi syn the meal. Not for anything would I tell him to cook differently, because he might stop cooking!

The meal was yummy! And I did check with him that he did it all SW friendly... I have my doubts about the gravy though :D

Just double the syns for it on my diary and everything is a-ok.

xx

Back