When the road ahead is so long, how do you keep on going?

Thanks for all the replies guys, good to hear how you all keep yourself going.

I'm just counting calories. I can't be bothered with the propoints and syns and all that, I know it sounds more complicated but for me counting calories is really simple, gives me a little of what I want in moderation and it works for me.

At the end of the day you have to do whatever suits you best. I amo not following a plan as such at the moment either but I am watching portion sizes and calorie counting. I am not only addicted to this site but also to myfitnesspal!!!

Hope calorie counting is working well :) we each need to find what is best xx

At the end of the day you have to do whatever suits you best. I amo not following a plan as such at the moment either but I am watching portion sizes and calorie counting.

I couldn't agree more with this! :p

I love some of these ideas to keep on track whilst trying to lose so much weight.
I am not focusing on stones and lbs but just on lbs for this journey. I have created myself a chart for the fridge door which has 110lbs up to my starting weight of 304lbs in 10's so my mini goals are actually 10lbs at a time. I've also marked my 5%, 10% half way point and goal on the chart. Every time I lose weight I put a little sticker over the number! I'm 38 but am being motivated by charts and stickers as if I was an 8 year old!!
Still if it keeps me on track I'm happy :D.
Emms x

How's it going Caroline? :)

Back