When the scales say Err!

You so deserve that holiday

Well can hardly move tonight! Decided that I need to start some exercise to try and mitigate against the flabby, loose-skin, bingo wings that will make their appearance. I know they are the curse of almost every woman over 40 ( Madonna doesn't have them but I wouldn't want her veiney, muscle arms) after all, Joan Collins said that no woman over 40 should wave goodbye wearing a sleeveless top.

So bought myself a kettlebell DVD and a set of the lightest weight kettle bells you can get. Done the work out four times now and its ok. But my god my thighs are killing me!!!!!!! There's sooooooo many squats its got to be doing my pear shaped rear end some good.

I've got my 14 year old son doing it with me! He's 6ft 4" and over all very slim, but has a bit of a flabby tummy and chest. It was his first time doing them today and he screamed blue murder all the way thorough. It will be interesting to see if he joins in again tomorrow:rolleyes:

Still, no pain no gain eh??

So glad to see you are back on track huni, buy yourself a bikini and hang it on wardrobe door Im sure hubby will come round to the idea xx

Last edited:
:missing: cooooeeee take the poster down im back with tail between my legs and shake in my hand. Can I litter your diary with my usual filth and innuendo's please :hijack:

Yeah!!!! Tweeza's allowed out to play again

you back on LT or moving over to Cmbridge

Iv got lipotrim shakes left and will pop down to chemist later and see what they say im going to talk to them but im not going to beg them.. I know iv been messing about on it but will try to explain im commited now and I dont need to be judged I do that well enough on my own, if I dont get anywhere Iv made an appointment on wednesday for doctor so will get doctor to sign forms for cambridge but would like to stick with what I know.

Hows your thighs today dear could you crack some nuts with them hehehe:character00115:

Iv got lipotrim shakes left and will pop down to chemist later and see what they say im going to talk to them but im not going to beg them.. I know iv been messing about on it but will try to explain im commited now and I dont need to be judged I do that well enough on my own, if I dont get anywhere Iv made an appointment on wednesday for doctor so will get doctor to sign forms for cambridge but would like to stick with what I know.

Hows your thighs today dear could you crack some nuts with them hehehe:character00115:

My thighs are killing me today. Winced my way through assembly!!!! All that bedning down to speak to the littlies when giving out awards nearly killed me.
Plus we are two dinnerladies down at the minute so I'm having to cover the dinner hall all lunchtime. 75 mins of walking up and down, picking stuff up off the floor and avoiding the cook's curry (whihc is delicious) and her jam sponge and custard nearly did for me!

But staying strong cos I so want to be thinner for August. Its our wedding anniversry on the 4th of August so thats my next mini goal date!

My lovley hubby sent me flowers at work today. In 22 years of marriage and 4 years of courtship he has never unexpectedly sent me flowers. It's cos he's so proud of me. Awwwww! Makes it all worth it doesn't it.

Thats really sweet of him you have done well jane wont be texting you tonight guessing you might be busy thanking him :banana dancer: heh 10 mins back and im ruining your post again

Hope you dont mind me joining in with the filth but the 'thanking him' is all extra fat and calorie burning!! ;)

more filth the better she loves it really :D

Watch it you!!!! I'm a woman of high morals and pure virtue. Or at least I was till I met you ;-)

im just jealous I want to burn some calories the enjoyable way but way im going im going to have to hire a builder to hammer and chisel just to get into the :censored:

Yeah, one dinner lady back so don't have to cover the dinner hall now!! Off for walk round to talk with the children and enjoy the sun (well clouds!!)

An update and a bit of encouragement to new starters

IMG_0804.jpgIMG_0264.jpg Red dress showing 6 stone weight loss. Black outfit after losing first stone (I was too ashamed to take a photo at the beginning!)See how much more of the door you can see!

Just wanted to update my diary for anyone who has read of my journey and wondered what happened. Between January and June I lost 6 stone. I then came of LT cos I had lots of stuff happening over summer etc. I managed to maintain over summer and thought about restarting in Septemebr. However, in the meantime a new (and most importantly) cheap gym opened in my home town. So I decided to give exercis and sensible eating a whirl. At the moment thats working for me, so I'm sticking to it. Its slower than LT, but I can see the end of the journey and that's what matters.

I'm thankful every day that I found LT and it helped me break my cycle of addiction and destructive relationship with food. LT gave me the kick up the arse I needed and helped me start a journey I thought was an impossible task. It gave me the strength and hope I need for the rest of my journey and if I ever feel like I need it again, I wouldn't hesitate to jump back on.

So all those of you who are being told it's a fad/no good diet; that you'll put it all back on again when you start eating properly and that it's not teaching new habits. Ignore them! LT can be the best thing that ever happened to you, it was to me.

I may start a new diary over in another section. If I do Ill post a link.

Good luck every one

Oh my goodness what a difference you look so healthy and vibrant minus that 6 stone, well done you!!!!!

Great to hear from you dusty was wondering what you have been up to. i am off lt at the moment too and wanted to finish off with exercise and healthy eating but fell down the stairs a month ago and hurt my knee and ankle and doc wont let me exercise until i get physio. scales this morning showed i have only put on 2lbs since stopping before my holiday in early sept so happy with that.
Keep in touch

Well done Dusty you look great :) I've lost 6 stone 9.5lbs up to now and i can't wait to read your new diary I'm dreading refeed but I've still got another 4 stone to lose before I start worrying about it x

Back