When to start ?

mich1010

Hi everyone, have contacted a CD counsellor today about starting CD on Monday, yeay! But this week could be my TOTM. Is it wise to start CD at the same time, will it hinder my weight loss and put me off with a small loss?

Any advise would be appreciated.

I would say go for it!
I may well effect your weight as it does to most of us, but i wouldnt let that put you off starting. youve obviously got motivation as youve contacted the CDC and got a start lined up, go for it! and good luck!

Thanks alot for your really speedy replies :D:D
I have just got off the phone with CDC and will meet her on Monday. Cannot wait now, just want to start and see the results that i keep reading about on this forum.

Keep up the good work everyone :)

I tended to gain water the week before, so a slight loss rather than a bigger loss was a clue it was nearing 'my time'! But it all evens out in the end :)

Good Luck & Welcome!! :D xx

Thanks everyone, i am feeling really positive about starting and cannot wait til Monday.

I know it wont be easy, i tried it for a week last year with a 10lb loss but it was tough going with a 3 month old, no food and sleep. :eek:

I have begun the prep this week, off the wine and bread since Monday.
I LOVE BREAD !!! :wave_cry:
But I know its best to start now so i wont crash and burn with withdrawal symptoms.

I have discovered that for me personally, the worst possible time to start is the week before my period.

PMT + Cambridge Diet = :argh:

Having undertaken considerable research, I have discovered that starting CD the week of my period has always been fairly easy. You'll gather from that that I've had more than one bash at CD - but that's because I'm daft and don't keep going, not because the diet isn't brilliant. :D

After christmas is such a good time to start, im sick of alcohol and eating lol. Just think how fab we will all look by summer!! xx

Its true, nows the perfect time to start after too much alcohol and food, for me personally, i started celebrating christmas at the end of October :D:D Any excuse for a bevvie, me !!

So now, this is my detox and commitment that as well as being good i will LOOK GOOD, so tired of looking at my spare tyre/muffin top :sigh:

GOod luck to you all, this year is looking good already xx

I too would agree with Lily about starting just before period is due (tried it once and the hunger was unbearable) but acknowledge that we are all different.

Good Luck!

Back