When to stop?!

I keep telling myself i was 10stone and still a size 14 on the bottom, albeit a size 10 on top xx

My original target was to get to 12 stone on lipo then I planned to get to 11 and half by healthy eating. Then as I neared 12 stone I thought I'd just keep going til 11 and half on lipo but I then went and lowered my target again and I am aiming for 11 stone on lipo and I hope to ge there for end of March, I have a wedding at end of march so want to be able to enjoy that as we have booked into the hotel as well. I may get back on lipo again after the wedding right up until I get my measurements again for my dress alterations on April 12th? Am thinking that would prob be best, as more and more am hearing we can gain up to half a stone with re feed. so I figure if I get under the 11 st it will give me the leaway? x Oh am 5 ft 4inc - just a wee thing!!

Wow you have it all planned hun, i think a stone would definitely be enough for me. 11 and a half stone for my height would be fine im sure. I feel like i look loads better now but am still size 16 bottom, although my body frame and shape is never going to let me be any smaller. Like you have the wedding i have a big night out in liverpool at end of April....my friends are all size 8-10!! xx

well if ur happy stop, i wanted to loose 2 stone or stop when i hit 2 months... ul still drop a few pounds during refeeding and maint.

You sound like you're doing incredibly well with your diet, I totally relate to the feeling of being afraid to go back to 'real' food, you hear of people unfortunately regaining the weight and I can only imagine how soul-destroying that must be after all their hard work.

I'm aiming to go a little under my target weight before considering re-feed and maintenance, that way I have a little wiggle room if I gain a few pounds in glycogen and water weight!

Not sure really, I think for me personally I have in my mind a top weight I wouldn't like to go over, and being a few pounds under it means that I wouldn't have that instant feeling of 'fat' if I did put on a few....
Sure everyone's different, if you're taller you can disguise the extra a lot better than shorties like me! (5 foot 2, small build) :)

Not sure really, I think for me personally I have in my mind a top weight I wouldn't like to go over, and being a few pounds under it means that I wouldn't have that instant feeling of 'fat' if I did put on a few....
Sure everyone's different, if you're taller you can disguise the extra a lot better than shorties like me! (5 foot 2, small build) :)

it's still the same principle though whatever height and build. I know for myself 12 stone is my ''feeling'' pretty skinny weight, even though i'm not skinny at that weight - it's like my top weight of yes done it! i can maintain it (bar going daft at xmas :eek:) but I've contemplated 9 stone odd, which although would be a normal weight I couldnt maintain it and i'd look ill on it. But i got carried away with thinking what if i weighed under 10 stone, I'd be really light and thin - should i try for it or not... but sensible head on says 12 stone tops - 11 1/2 lowest to go, otherwise i'd end back up to 12 stone and then be carrying more fat than i would just stopping at 12 stone.

ps you also have the added bonus of being dainty, so dont knock being a slim build shorty!
least you arent broad backed like a man like i am :eek::D

I agree with you rowan, 11 and half should be my lowest for my frame i think although i could go as low as 10 x

I was just saying the other day to someone that when we start to lose we want to be slimmer, but at some point the wanting to just be slimmer turns into we want to be slim full stop. The goal changes.
It's got to be easier to maintain a higher end weight - if we go that extra bit low arent we almost setting ourselves up for a fall?

I've never thought of it like that before. You are probably right. I know when I've been down at 10 stone to remain at that weight I can only eat salads.........but at 11 1/2 to 12 stone I can eat sensibly and remain at that weight. I'm 11.13 at the moment, but still have 'in the 10's' in mind, but I don't want to spend the rest of my life on a diet. I just want to eat sensibly, be good 80% of the time and have the odd meal out.

Thats what am wanting, my mum said to me the other day (she is obsessed with diets) well nicola, if you can live on these shakes for so long, then its proof all you need is one meal a day for ever more! I spat out my dummy and told her i refuse to live like that and when am the size i want to be I will eat sensibly and allow myself to live life and have the odd indulgence - got if i thought I'd never get anything nice ever again, think I would stay fat!!

Hey Tracy:) I'm finding it really hard to continue with this diet when so many people around me say i look good! Plus going to try on wedding dresses on sat and feeling like i looked fab makes it 10x harder to keep going!! So i totally get where you are coming from!! Even though i know myself that i still could lose more weight, i am finding it hard to keep going! I think i have lost my mojo!!! Well i decided to have a bit of time off the diet to get my mojo back about a week in the end, and have restarted today. I needed a goal to keep me going, and thats to be about a stone lower for the next time i go to try on wedding dresses. I want that cos, even though i felt really good trying them on, it would be nice to have a small waist without the help of a corset!! Also, i am sure the camera adds 10lbs!! Its only pics that makes me reel back in shock of how i look and i couldnt take pics of me in the dresses, its not aloud!!!

My ultimate goal was 10stone, but now i am starting to feel it will be too small. So i will see what i feel like when i reach 11stone exactly.

I hope what ever you decide you are happy with :)

Cheers Lizzie, i still don't know to be honest! I think 11 and a half and no less is prob about right for my height and frame! We wll see over next few weeks i guess. Its nice thoug that so man of us are now getting to that point isnt it? x

Lizzie our tickers are almost identical lol x

lol! Ha ha i have one less lb to lose than you!! I think i stop before i hit that target though:) You will prob over take me when you have your weight in this week though, i didnt go for weigh in on sat! :)

I am actually changing mine, the ticker takes me to 11 stone and thats too much i think now x

I've had a similar dilemma, but I 'accidentally' came off SS during my holiday in January, and although I've only gained a few lbs, eating again has definitely caused me to 'fill out'. I no longer look as slim as I did and any hint of gauntness (and believe me, it was only a hint) has now gone.

I have faffed around at restarting since I came back from my hols, even to the point of my CDC asking whether I really want to lose any more! Even she is saying I look fine as I am!

However, at only 5lbs over my lowest, my squidgy bits are squidgier than I am happy with. I have restarted yet again today, in the hope of getting back to my 'vague gauntness' stage and a bit beyond, knowing I will fill out when I refeed.

You'll probably find a similar thing happens to you too - my advice would be to keep going - It's easier to put a bit on than to restart to get a bit more off!!!

Thanks Amber that reallly helps and i know you're right! i ahave just readjusted my target to lose another stone and then i'll see how i feel. 11 and half stone i would be then and 5ft 9 xx

Hi Tracey

Since coming off I have put weight on and I am a little bit bigger around the waist. I have found that I am bloating up quite easily and this is making my tummy bigger than it is. I measured my tummy this morning and I am more or less the same as when i finished my diet it is just food will swell your tummy up. The bottom line is do you feel the time is right to come off the diet or do you feel that you need to lose a bit more.

You are the only one who can choose forget what everyone else says it is how happy you are with your shape and size. I decided the time was right for me (actually my finances did) but I am happy now as I have got in to a relatively healthy routine and I am certain that if stick to it I will continue to lose weight and I am happy with that, positive comments are great and make you feel great about what you have done but the future is all about you and what you want.

Back